Part 12 Richie

"What the fuck?" Richie yelled out loud to himself, slamming the paper from Eddie onto his table.

Eddie had written to Richie saying he had no idea who he was and to stop writing to him. Eddie was acting so weird. Richie missed his boyfriend, if thats what they even were anymore, and Eddie seemed to not miss or care about him at all! Richie called all the Losers and told them about Eddie's response and they all were equally in shock. Bev even asked the group to meet up at the quarry so they could talk. Before Richie left to meet the gang, he wrote a new letter.

Hey Eds,                                                                                                                                                                                     I don't really know what's going on with you, but I guess it's pretty nice there if you can forget about me. Just to fill you in, I'm your boyfriend Richie. Me and your best friends, Beverly, Mike, Bill, Ben, and Stanley, really miss you but its pretty obvious you don't miss us. Well even if you hate me, I love you Eds. I always will even if you marry some skanky blonde guy and have a bunch of idiot boring kids and maybe some stupid dog. Even if I never see you again I will never find someone I love as much as you and I promise that if we do ever meet I'll be there for you. Love,                                                                                                                                                                                              Richie

Richie folded the paper and ran to the post office box and dropped the letter in, hoping that Eddie would respond saying how much he loved Richie and that it was all some stupid joke. Richie made his way to see a crying group of Losers all hugging Beverly at the ledge near the quarry.

"Uh what's going on guys?" Richie asked fearfully.

He didn't want any more bad news. That's all he had been getting lately since Eddie left. It had been the absolutely worst week of his life. 

"They found me a foster home. I'm leaving tomorrow," Bev whispered, wiping tears off her own face. 

Richie felt his blood boiling and he needed to take his anger out on something. He kicked a rock which caused him immense pain so he sat down.

"Great! Eddie's gone and seems to have forgotten about me and now your leaving too! Bill barely hangs out with us anymore cause of you Stan and Mike is always working or hanging out with that sheep activist girl on the other part of town and Ben is too nerdy to talk to!"

 Richies outburst made the group visibly angry and they all walked away. He regretted saying all that stuff to them and tried to call after them saying sorry but it was no use. Richie lost everyone he cared about in that one moment. 

More and more weeks passed by and school sucked even more than usual. Occasionally Richie would forget Beverly was gone and would go to meet her at their smoking spot but no one was ever there. Eddie never wrote back. All Richie got was some threatening letter saying to fuck off and that Eddie was doing better without a creep like him. 

Soon weeks turned into months and months turned into years. Richie was 17 and working at some club in New York City where he was a part time comedian. He had dropped out of high school as soon as possible and fled home without even a note to his mother. He had started drinking when he turned 15 and never stopped so he always had some flask of beer bottle in his hand. 

Girls often fell all over Richie but he always rejected them having some faint memory in the back of his mind of a promise he had made years ago to someone. It was a promise to love that person forever. While Richie had no memory of this person he tried to keep this promise. Richie didn't remember a lot of things about his old life before the city but he figured that it was just because he had been drinking to much. 

"It's time to go on!" A crew manager yelled at Richie. 

He took a good luck swig of his drink and then hid it into a pocket of his Hawaiian shirt. 

"Hey hey hey everybody!" Richie began his endless cycle of only getting money off meaningless laughs.