Part 10 Richie

"BEVERLY! WHY HASNT HE WRITTEN TO ME!!! HE PROMISED!!" Richie screamed at Beverly.

"I-I don't know Rich. He's probably just busy with homework and stuff." Beverly tried to explain.

Beverly was the only one of Richie's friends willing to hear Richie complain all day. Eddie had been gone for a full week now and he hadn't contacted Richie even once.

"Bevv! What if he met someone new!"  Richie worried.

Eddie was so beautiful he could have attracted someone nicer and better than Richie. That must be it. Eddie must have been so in love with someone else that he forgot about Richie.

"Why don't you just write him?" Bev suggested

"NO I CANT DO THAT!!! HE THINK IM DESPERATE!" Richie exclaimed throwing his hands in the air.

Beverly just laughed and said, "Well you kinda are.." 

Richie sighed and agreed grabbing a piece of paper and pencil from the desk in his room. 

"Tell me if this all sounds good," Richie told Bev as he began to write.

Dear Eds,                                                                                                                                                                                         How's life in Cape Cod? I'm guessing it's really great since you haven't had time to write to me this week. Bev  says it's probably just because you have a lot of homework but I just wanted to make sure it's not cause you met somebody you like more than me. Anyways I've really missed your mom. Stan's mom can't nearly compare! I hope the bully's on Cape aren't nearllyyy as bad as the one's here. Greta dumped a whole bunch of trash on Beverly the other day and Bowers carved another initial into Ben. Bill and Beverly got into an argument yesterday and they say everything is fine but they haven't talking to each other since! Well that's about it. PLEASE WRITE TO ME SOOONNN!!!                                                                                                                                                    Love,                                                                                                                                                                                               Richie

"Richie!! Me and Bill are fine! It was just a small disagreement!" Beverly shouted after she finished reading the letter

Richie just shrugged and folded the letter up writing Eddie's address on the front.

"Wait, can I write something too?" Beverly asked.

Richie and nodded and Beverly quickly scribbled down a note. Richie was gonna read it but Beverly wouldn't let him for some reason. She folded the letter up and placed it in her pocket before pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

"Still have my lighter?" Beverly asked handing Richie a cigarette as well.

Richie nodded going to grab it from his bed. He came back over and the two of them opened the window and smoked. Eddie hated it when Richie smoked and he even called them "little cancer sticks," but Eddie had broken his promise about writing to him so that technically meant Richie had a free pass to break his own promise not to smoke. 

"Bev, what was you and Bill's fight about?" Richie curiously asked.

He knew she didn't really want to talk about it but Richie was too curious not to question. Beverly sighed blowing smoke out the window. 

"Stan kissed Bill," She began but Richie interrupted.

"WHAT!!??" He screamed almost falling out of his seat 

"Let me finish please. Ok so Stan kissed Bill and well he didn't stop it and then he told me he might be Bi and that he sorta liked the kiss. I thought that meant he was gonna break up with me but then he said that he liked me too so he would think about it. And I know I should have ended it then but I love him so fucking much that I couldn't." 

Richie was in shock he couldn't say anything. Bev was crying now and Richie had no idea how to comfort her. 

"I'm really sorry," Richie tried to say.

"It's fine. I'm fine. Its not like it was ever gonna last anyway," Beverly sighed wiping her eyes, "I'll go drop this off at the post office. Bye Rich."

Beverly climbed out the window with the letter. Richie was so confused with everything now. It seemed like he barely knew his friends anymore. He just wished Eddie was still here. Nothing was the same without him...