Part 21 Beverly

Something had happened to Richie in the months after Eddie had died. Beverly couldn't quite place a finger on what it was. She remembered that she had always thought there was something going on between the two men but it was sort of a silly conspiracy theory nothing actually real. But now with the muttering glossy eyed Richie in her car going on and on about how he never said goodbye Beverly decided that maybe the two had truly been something a little more than friends.

In her own life Beverly had just been engaged to Ben and she was quite excited about it though she didn't feel it was the right time to share the exciting news with her friends who were all still mourning Eddie. 

"Rich were you trying to kill yourself today?" Beverly finally asked.

The shocked man looked up at her and answered, "No! I was drinking like usual and then I fell asleep and then Eds told me I needed to go to Derry!"

So he was definitely dying but at least it wasn't in purpose. The fact that he was so convinced Eddie had spoken to him was a little frightening.

"You should find someone to live with, do you have any family around?" Beverly started to ask but Richie shook his head, "Well maybe a friend?"

Richie shook his head again. Was he really that lonely? 

"Well maybe you could live with me and Ben?"

Richie's eyes widened, "Why are you living with Ol' Haystack?"

It took him a minute to put the pieces together but then he nodded, "Ya, maybe. It's not fair Bev, you have Ben, Bill has that wife, I've got no one to love. Everyone I've ever loved has left me. Why'd Eddie leave me, Bev?" 

Beverly couldn't answer that. She stayed silent just continuing driving. She was mist definitely gonna have to take Richie to the hospital after the funeral. 

"Bev?" Richie asked again.

She sighed and tried her best to give him and answer, "Eddie didn't wanna leave you Rich. He only left to protect you and one day you'll get to see him again."

Richie began crying and Beverly thought that he was in no way gonna be able to make it through the funeral. She asked him if he really wanted to go but he just once again answered with saying that Eddie told him he had to.

once they arrived in Derry, the funeral went by, very slowly with Richie a mess the entire time. Bill and Stanley we're both as equal confused with the situation as Beverly was. Richie tried to have a speech, but it didn't go well because he just kept cracking up and crying, even trying to make it happier with some of his famous voices, but none of it working. Immediately afterwards Beverly hopped back into the car with Richie and drove to the nearest hospital. He ended up being diagnosed with something Beverly couldn't even pronounce and then she was sent away.

About a year later Bev and Ben had their ceremony at a beach on the coast of New Jersey. They moved back to a town in Maine that was located on the outskirts of Derry. Every weekend the two would take turns visiting their friend who was being kept in a group home. Every time they visited Richie seemed to be doing a little b it better. The doctor even said that maybe in a few years time he could go back to his normal life. 

Later that year Beverly was surprised with the news that she was pregnant with a twin boys. Ben and her were so happy with the news and even decided to pay a tribute towards their two dear friends they had lost. 

One child was sweet and organized, sometimes fearful but knew how to leadership. This kid had Beverly's red hair but it was more curly than her own. He had Ben's deep brown eyes full of history and knowledge. They named this one Stanley.

The second boy was more nervous and far more attached to his parents. In fact he would start crying whenever anyone else held him. Well anyone else other than his godfather who lived nextdoor, Richie. This boy was born with asthma which worried both his parents but they knew they could get through it. He had his mothers strong will to succeed and his father's intelligence. This child's name was Edward, but far more commonly called Eddie.

Eddie and Stanley would luve beautiful lives full of happiness and love and friendship. They always had a babysitter in the house one down while their parents where at work. At school they were not loser but not the rulers either. Just stuck somewhere in the middle. 

One winterday when the children were 9 years old Beverly decided to tell them the take of each of their namesakes.

"Stanley, your name came from a great of mine. He was smart and funny and loved a good adventure but always was there to remind us when something was getting out of hand. He died at his most vulnerable point of life because he was scared of what was going to happen. But I know that you are so strong and brave that you can beat any sorrows that cone your way!" She explained with tears in her eyes.

"What about me?! What about me?!" Little Edward asked while tightly holding onto his inhaler.

Richie stepped in and decided he would tell this story. 

"Eddie was the most amazing person I ever knew. He was kind and sweet and gentle but also fierce because he was always standing up for himself. He was such a beautiful person Every time he walked into a room he I swear it lit up. He was my first love actually, and he loved me too. So much so he sacrificed himself for me. To protect the ones he loved."

Eddie interrupted smiling, "I would sacrifice myself for Clara!"

Beverly laughed as Eddie declared his love for some girl in his class. The group then all snuggled in for a movie near the fireplace. Ben came in with hot chocolates for the group and then joined them under the blankets. Beverly smiled looking at them all. She hoped and prayed that this happiness would last forever.