Part 4 Richie

"Oh actually I do now. She's my girlfriend." Richie told Eddie over the phone. 

"Your, your what?!" Eddie exclaimed, his voice cracking as he spoke.

"Her name is Lola. She's really really sweet. And she's hot." 

"Ok ok Richie. Ya sure bring her. I don't really care."

Of course he didn't care. Richie didn't know what he was so worried about. 

"Bye Eds."

"Thats uh not my... Never mind. Bye Rich." Eddie hung up the phone.

As soon as Richie had left in the morning Richie ran outside and found the first pretty girl walking by.

"Hey girl! You're really cute you know." He had said.

"Oh thank you! You're kinda cute too. I'm Lola by the way." 

"Thank you Lola. I'm Richie. Do you hang out maybe?" Richie had asked.

Lola had said yes and now here she was in his house. And then soon she would be going to meet all of his friends.

"I've never seen you at school, what grade are you in?" Lola asked looking around Richie's room.

It was still kinda a mess from last night. An empty pizza box was on the floor and random cd cases were scattered everywhere. 

"Uhm I'm going into 8th grade. How about you?" Richie told her.

"Same! I wonder why I never noticed you!" Lola exclaimed

Richie figured the reason he never saw her was because she was most likely popular and popular kids never paid attention to losers like Richie. Well unless they were bullying them.

Richie hated having this girl in his house. It wasn't like having Beverly over, who was nice and didn't snoop around like Lola was doing. It wasn't like having Bill or Stan or Mike or even Ben who would laugh at all of Richie's jokes and eat any remains of food they found on Richie's cluttered floor. And it was especially nothing like having Eddie here, who was kind and sweet and who hated all the stupid nicknames Richie called him. Eddie would lay on Richie bed and talk and talk for hours. 

But that was the very reason Lola was here. To forget about Eddie.

"Can I kiss you before we go meet everyone?" Richie knew he sounded stupid, but you know, it was straightforward.

Lola's face lit up and she nodded.

They both sat down on the bed and leaned forward towards each other. Richie's felt Lola's soft plump lips touch against his own as she wrapped her hands around his neck. He felt her tongue lick his lips and he took it as a sign to open his mouth. She moved her tongue around feeling all of his teeth and began to move her hands up and down Richie's back. All of a sudden Richie felt a hand somewhere very stranger. 

"Ouch! What the fuck are you doing?!" Richie yelped moving away from the girl.

Her cheeks went bright red and she responded, "I thought you wanted to hook up! I was walking, you called me into your bedroom and wanted to make out so ya!"

"Ew no! We're literally 13!! Come on lets go." Richie walked towards the door and a embarrassed Lola followed. 

At least he had forgotten all about Eddie. Shit. No he hadn't.

The pair silently went over to Bill's and wrung the doorbell. Bill opened the door and looked a little confused when he saw the girl accompanying Richie.

"Wh-wh-who is th-thi-this?" Bill stuttered.

Something inside Lola's brain clicked and she exclaimed, "YOU'RE BILL!! THE STUTTERING GEEK!! THE ONE WHOSE BROTHER DIED!!"

"This is Lola, my girlfriend." Richie told Bill as they all walked inside.

"Oh Richie, I didn't know were already there! Ahh! I can't believe I have a boyfriend!" Lola shrieked.

Richie sighed. Why did this have to be the girl he found on the streets. 

The group of losers were all sitting on the floor of Bill's bedroom. Almost all of them looked up confused.

"Lola, meet Ben, Mike, Bev, and Eddie Spaghetti."

"Not my name Rich," Eddie mumbled staring at the floor.

"Mhm of course not. Ben, Mike, Bev, and Eddie, meet Lola." Richie continued.

"Oh my god guys! Lets play Paranoia!" Lola screamed.

God. She was so fucking loud. Richie absolutely hated her but for now he had to pretend to love her. A few people even covered there ears when she talked. Since no one responded to her idea Richie stepped in a said that they should play. After that a few of them nodded and they all scooted over into a circle. 

"Ok guys, I'll go first!" said Lola.

She was seated next to Beverly and whispered something into into her ear. Beverly looked livid at the question and shouted no. Lola just shrugged and flipped the coin. Tails she would have to say whatever she asked Beverly aloud and heads it would stay a secret. Richie was curious at what made Beverly so mad so he hoped it would tails. 

"Heads! Guess none of you get to know!" Lola shouted.

Next went Beverly, then Ben, and then Mike. Now it was Bill's turn to ask Eddie. 

"I don't know." Eddie answered.

"You d-d-don't kn-know! You h-ha-have to say ye-yes or n-n-n-no!" Bill shouted.

Eddie shook his head, "I'm sorry! I just don't know!"

Bill looked annoyed but flipped the coin anyway. Richie turned to Eddie and saw his eyes watering. He could tell that whatever Bill had asked was very personal and that Eddie wanted to keep it secret.

Just as it landed Richie covered it with his hands. It was tails. He wanted to protect the innocent  boy though so he picked the coin up and lied.

"It was heads."

Thankfully no one asked questions. 

Richie was scared for Eddie to ask him something. 

Eddie leaned closer and then whispered, "I saw you crying in the bathroom last night. Was it because of your mom?"

Sweet sweet Eddie. Richie would have been happier if it had just been about his mom. He was so embarrassed that Eddie had seen him like that. It wasn't fair Richie to put Eddie through that. It wasn't Eddie's fault Richie was a freak that liked guys.  

"No." Richie croaked out.

Eddie looked confused as he flipped the coin. Richie waited nervously for the outcome.

"It's tails." Mike announced to the group who were patiently wondering what Eddie had asked.

Eddie looked at Richie's sorrowful eyes before telling everyone, "I asked if Richie was uh crying because of something his mom did." 

Everyones eyes went wide. 

"Rich! What happened!?" Beverly asked.

"That's not apart of the game." Richie answered wanting to get out of here.

"Richie baby, I have to go meet my other boyfriend. I'll talk to you soon!" Lola went downstairs.

Richie sighed. Of course she had a different boyfriend. Honestly he didn't really care. This girl sucked.

Eddie stood up going to leave as well, but said one final thing in a mocking voice,

"You've got such a great girlfriend, Richie baby."