Part 6 Richie

"Eddie?" Richie climbed through the boys window planning on giving this whole speech about how he liked him back but was surprised with the sight of a lifeless Eddie on the floor.

"EDDIE WAKE UP!!" Richie screamed.

He took a better look at the boy and saw his bloody wrists. Then he saw the razor blade lying on the ground next to him. No. This couldn't be happening. Eddie had tried to kill himself.

Richie ran downstairs to find Sonia sitting in the kitchen.

"I thought I told you to stay away from my Eddie Bear!" She yelled.

"Sonia listen, I don't like you and you don't like me but we both really care about your son. I just went to see him and he's passed out on the floor. His wrists are slit!" Richie tried to explain as fast as he could.

Sonia's face dropped as she raced for the cell phone. The whole time she was death staring Richie.

"I know this is your fault.." She whispered through her closed teeth.

"I need an ambulance stat! My son is dying on his bedroom floor! I need help!" She screamed into the phone.

"GET OUT OF HERE BOY!!" Sonia screamed at the still teary Richie.

Richie ran out of the house and met up with the Losers telling them what had happened. Actually not all of what happened. He left out the whole part about the voicemail and how Richie had gone to the house to confess his love. The whole time their was only one thought on his mind:

If only I got there earlier. If only I told his how I felt immediately.

"Why would he do that? Eddie is always so happy!"  Mike exclaimed

"Sometimes the most cheerful people are the ones who are hurting the most." Stanely whispered.

"Bill, I love you. Don't ever think I don't!" Beverly hugged Bill crying. 

Even though she was talking to Bill she was staring at Richie.

"I-I-I-I I love y-you too." Bill responded hugging Beverly back.

"Ew get a room!" Richie yelled at them.

They all biked to the hospital, which took in hour, but it was worth it to get to see their friend.

"We're here to see Eddie Kasparak!" Richie yelled at the receptionist.

She frowned, "No visitors at this time. Mr. Kasparak has lost a lot of blood so he's not ready to see anyone. You guys can wait out here and we'll call you once he's ready."

The gang all sat down and waited all through the night until finally in the morning a young woman in scubs came and tapped on Richie's shoulder.

"Mr, if you would like to see Eddie you can now."

Richie nodded as the rest of the group woke up. 

"Guys can I talk to him alone for a little bit?" Richie asked

They all agreed and Richie went to sneak past Sonia who was leaving the room.

Eddie was sitting in a hospital bed crying. His wrists were all bandaged up.

"I did this to you..." Richie whispered, now crying as well.

Eddie shook his head, "No you didn't!"

"If I had just fucking told you I loved you this wouldn't have happened!" Richie ponded his fists on a wall.

"You love me?" Eddie asked.

"Duh! Why the hell wouldn't I? You're adorable and funny and nice but I'm just a screw up!"

Eddie stood up walking towards Richie. 

"Punch me Eds! I deserve it!" Richie screamed closing his eyes

Eddie just shook his head and put his hands onto Richies face. He leaned in and kissed Richie. It was the best thing Richie had ever experienced.

"Rich, I love you too."