Part 9 Eddie

Eddie hopped in the car with his mother who was grinning from eat to ear. Eddie had written the address' of all his friends on a paper that was bot covered in tears and crumpled up in his squeezed hand. The car drifted through the old town of Derry and seeing all the memorable places made Eddie even more upset. 

Goodbye arcade where Richie would ways play street fighter, goodbye Derry Middle and Highschool where the Losers would get bullied, goodbye move theater where Eddie saw his first R rated movie, goodbye pawn shop Bill gave his bike to, goodbye park Eddie had his last date in, goodbye quarry where everyone loved to hang out, goodbye woods where their clubhouse was hidden, and even goodbye to Neibolt street where... Eddie couldn't really remember what had happened there.

"Eddie bear, stop crying soon you're gonna forget alll about your horrible friends back in Derry. I've even decided you can go to school here since it's so safe. Tomorrow will be your first day at Nauset Middle School!" Sonia told him.

Eddie doubted he could ever forget about his friends. They were the best thing in the whole wide world. He was also not excited for a new school. It would just be a new chance for bullies to pick on him.

Boring hours in the car passed by when at last a big blue sign appeared in the distance as they crossed a bridge.

Welcome to Cape Cod!

"Only one more hour until we get to our town!" Sonia exclaimed excitedly 

Eddie was so frustrating. She's got to be kidding. They were already on the Cape so how could there be moreee driving. 

"Yay! I'm excited Mommy!"  Eddie lied.

He did that a lot now. He had been lying this whole trip about how happy he was. He could never ever be happy here. Eddie was tired and started to shut his eyes but then Sonia screamed in delight.

"We're here!"

Eddie sat up and looked at the house. It overlooked a beautiful marsh and the house was ginormous. Once inside Eddie looked around the two stories. There was a big diner room with skylights next to a kitchen that had a counter with seats there as well. Near by there was a huge living room with a tv and couches. Down the hall was a master bedroom for Sonia, a laundry room, and a door to a basement. Eddie had never had a laundry room before! The washer and dryer were just in some hallway at his old house. Eddie went upstairs to see two more room. The first one was a second living room with another couch and tv. Lastly he went to the other door which he presumed was his bedroom. 

"Honey! Come get your luggage!" Sonia called from down stairs. 

"Ok mommy!" Eddie ran down the stairs and grabbed his two suitcases to take upstairs.

"Isn't this place just great?" Sonia asked

For the first time today Eddie wasn't lying when he said, "Ya, its really beautiful."

The first day of school rolled around the corner faster than Eddie expected. His mom dropped him off at the building where a few boys walked up to him.

"Are you new here?" A shorter one with a brown hair and a blue sweatshirt asked and then added, "I'm James, by the way."

"Ya, I moved from this town in Maine. Its called, uh well I think it was something like Lerry," Eddie told the boys.

Why the fuck was the name of his town blanking on him??

"You don't know the name of your own town??" The red headed one laughed.

Eddie knew a girl with red hair one he thought.

"Leave him alone Blake! I'm Wyatt. Nice to meet you Eddie." Another brunette piped in.

A blonde girl walked by with a of girl and they all flipped Wyatt off for no reason.

"Sorry about that. That's my crazy ex girlfriend Jaylen and her goons, Katrina, Rachel, Riley, and the two Graces." Wyatt explained. 

The boys and Eddie all walked into the building where the all excitedly  realized they were in the same homeroom. Eddie realized almost every guy at school had the same fluffy brown hair and haircut. The all wore sweatshirts and sweatpants even though it was like 85 degrees and they all had white crocs on. Eddie felt so out of place in his bright colored shorts and the "Metallica" t-shirt Richie had given him.

Just before the bell rang for the first class James grabbed Eddie's arm and said, "Find us at lunch," and winked.

Eddie's heart fluttered but then he realized he was seeing someone. What was his name? What did he look like?! Eddie wanted to bang his head to remember. He had seen all these people just two days ago but it was starting to feel like years.

Eddie had a great day at school and made tons of new friends. He couldn't even remember why he was sad to move. For the first time in his life he wasn't a Loser.