Part 15 Eddie

"I can't believe your getting married tomorrow!" Wyatt yelled as the boys walked into a ring store.

They had driven all the way to Boston in one of Mr.Toolas' limos to buy some stuff for the wedding.

"I can't believe it either. I still think its gonna be a horrible mistake," James complained.

James hadn't been acting the same since Eddie told them all the big news.

"I love her and she loves me so it's perfect," Eddie told the guys still trying to confirm that to himself as well.

The more he thought about it the less he thought this was a good idea but Katrina really wanted to go through with it and he did love her so he wanted to her happy. Wyatt's uncle had even given them a loan to help pay for wedding supplies.

Eddie picked up a ring that had a big blue diamond on it and a silver band. He brought it over to the counter where an older woman was working.

"Aren't you a little young for getting married?" The store clerk questioned, scanning the ring on the machine.

"I love her and she loves me so it works," Eddie told her.

James groaned from behind him and said, "Stop fucking saying that Eddie!" and he walked out of store. 

Eddie was confused and gave Wyatt the cash to pay and told him he was gonna go find James. As he left the store he saw James sitting on a bench, tears coming from his eyes. When he saw Eddie coming he sat up and wiped his face. 

"Do you really love her?" James asked as Eddie went to sit next to him.

Eddie began to nod but stopped midway.

"I think so, I mean I don't really know what love is supposed to feel like. We say I love you all the time so ya,"

James frowned looking staring at cement sidewalk and responded, "I know what love feel likes. It hurts. It hursts so much because all you want is for the person you love to be happy but it sucks because maybe what makes them happy is being with someone else." He began to get up but then added, "Oh yeah, in case you were wondering I was talking about you."

James walked away and went into a nearby cab and drove away. Eddie hadn't even gotten a chance to say something back. Maybe that was a good thing since Eddie really had no idea what to say anyway. He went back inside to join Wyatt at the counter who was handing the money to the worker. The worker handed over the case and the two boys went outside.

"What happened to James?" Wyatt asked as he realized he wasn't with them anymore. 

Eddie didn't want to out James so be just told Wyatt that James had thought the wedding was a bad idea and he didn't want to be apart of it.

"What a jerk!" Wyatt exclaimed.

Eddie shook his head, "Ya I guess, but whatever I still have you."

Soon enough prom passed by and Eddie drove Katrina, Wyatt, and Rachel all to the church. James ended up not even coming to prom and definitely wasn't coming to the wedding but Eddie still kinda wished his best friend could have been there. He hadn't thought much about James confession and he didn't want to. Eddie wasn't gay and that was that.

Eddie and Katrina had spilt the cost of a minister who was waiting inside. Eddie went in first and soon the music started playing which signaled for Wyatt and Rachel to come in. At last Katrina came and she was looking beautiful as ever. Eddie did love her. It wasn't even a question anymore.

He loved her and she loved him. That's why they were getting married. 

"Repeat after me, I Eddie Kasparak take thee Katrina Winstead as my lawfully wedded wife in sickness and health or as rich or poor until death do us part," The minister began.

Eddie repeated the same thing and then so did Katrina.

The minister continued, "Do you Eddie Kasparak take Katrina Winstead as your wife?"

"I do." 

"And do you you Katrina Winstead take Eddie Kasparak as your husband?"

" I do."

Eddie's heart dropped. How could he have done this? He didn't love her! Not one bit!

"You may now kiss the bride."

Katrina leaned in and kissed Eddie on the lips as he pulled her in hugging his new wife. His wife. Ugh that sounded horrible.

They pair graduated a few days later and Eddie broke the news the to his Mom that they were leaving.

"You're WHAT!?" Sonia screamed.

"I have a job mommy! And a house! And guess what?! I have a wife too!" Eddie yelled back.

Sonia looked like she was going to faint as she moved over and sat on the couch. She repeatedly shook her head and closed her eyes.

"Eddie Bear was supposed to live happily ever after with Mommy!" Sonia exclaimed.

"I'm sorry momma," Eddie muttered as he closed the door to the house and met Katrina at the car. 

"How'd she take the news?"

"Not great," Eddie replied as they drove out of the drive way. 

Fucking James was right. He was in no way ready to be married but yet here he was, moving to New York City with his wife to be a stupid limo driver at 17 years old. Eddie had wanted to say goodbye to James before he left for the city but he was no where to be seen. Apparently he never went home after the Boston trip and even Eddie's texts to him wouldn't go through. 

Years went by and Eddie never saw James again. He never saw Wyatt either. Of course he made new friends and he always had his wife Katrina but it wasn't the same. Now Eddie was 40 and life was just boring doing the same old things every single day.