Part 19 Eddie

"I am not gay. I am not gay. I am not gay. I am not gay. I am not gay. I am not gay," Eddie repeated this to himself whenever he had to see or talk to Richie. 

He tried to stay away from his once best friend as much as he could because it was just unbearable. He wondered if Richie remembered the same things he did about their past. Eddie had been such a jerk. That's what he remembered now. He had promised to write to his friends every week but all he got was one letter where he told them to stop writing. 

"Eds you ready to go?" Richie asked peering into the bathroom where Eddie was vigorously washing leper puke off his face. 

I am not gay. I am not gay. I am not gay.

"27 years later, still don't like the name and yeah I'll be there in one minute," Eddie told him not even turning to look. 

The man left running down the stairs to meet the rest of the gang. Eddie savored Richie's voice a lot more than he would have liked.

I. Am. Not. Gay. I. Am. Not. Gay. I. Am. Not. Gay.

As Eddie was thinking this to himself he didn't even notice that a grown man with a mullet had snuck into his bathroom through the window. By the time he did notice it was too late as he was stabbed through the cheek with a knife.

"WHAT THE FUCK MAN!!" Eddie screamed twisting around to see face that seemed so familiar even though he hadn't seen it 27 years now.

Thinking back to the torture he had endured at the hands of this face and decided he would have been much happier going even longer than 27 without seeing it. 

This was because it was the face of Eddie's long time bully Henry Bowers.

"It's your time little fag!" The bully yelled

Eddie slowly snuck around to behind the shower curtain as he pulled the knife out of his cheek.

"Hey where'd you go?" Bowers questioned as if he had not seen where Eddie had gone.

As the mullet wearing man came closer to the shower Eddie stabbed the blade through the curtain and into Bowers heart. Stumbling, Eddie fumbled his way from out of the shower and out of the bathroom while screaming for help from his friends. 

"GUYS BOWERS IS IN MY ROOM!!!"

a few hours later

Eddie was utterly terrified. Pennywise the dancing clown was at the moment transformed into a part spider part clown creature as it was trying to pierce its claws through Eddie and his friends. It was stupid but all Eddie could think about as he was spending perhaps the last minutes of his life was how handsome Richie was. The whole day he spent around his good friend was absolute hell as he kept trying to deny and deny what he was feeling.

A memory of another of his best friends confessing his love came back. This time is wasn't Richie though. Someone named... Eddie couldn't quite remember but he realized he had feelings for that guy too but his feelings had been so bottled up that he stupidly decided to marry some random girl instead. Eddie thought it all through and realized it was his own fear keeping him from loving anyone he truly loved. And he did love whoever that guy from his past was. And most of all he did love Richie "Trashmouth" Tozier.

 This thought was what made him decide that after today he would tell Richie how be felt and maybe even call up that other friend to tell him he had loved him back at one point. This thought was what made Eddie act when he saw that Richie was levitating  in mid air with the killer clown coming closer and closer. This was what made Eddie jump up with his pole that Bev had claimed could kill monsters and stab it down the monsters throat. 

It was at this moment as Pennywise cowered back seemingly dying that Eddie had no fear at all. 

That was why as Richie came floating down he happily screamed, "RICH I DID IT!! I WASN'T AFAIIDDD!! WHY ARE YOU MAKING THAT FACE?? I FINALLY DI—"