chapter 8

Riley's POV

  I looked at Royal and Regal "so uh." They looked at me, unamused "What was that about? Who is that, what'd you do to Majesty, do you know if she's cutting herself?" Royal stared and Regal nodded "Yeah because she really shouldn't be doing that. At all. She's got like a history-" Royal cut him off "She just got out the mental hospital like last month.."

  I was kinda overwhelmed with information and questions. "Well uh.. yeah she is self harming. I just found out today, I don't know how Cindy knows. That's who the girl was, Cynthia McPherson. She's my ex, she's ass. She was cheating on me. Majesty had fought her a while back because she was assaulting me.."

  Regal nodded "I'm gonna ask straight up, did you hit my sister. And be honest, I don't like liars." I sighed "Look yes, it's a long story. I was being stupid and I was high-" he sighed "Stop talking. Stop, shut, be quiet. Don't make excuses.." I nodded "okay fair enough. But I'm like-"

  Royal stopped me "We literally do not wanna hear it. Literally shut the fuck up. I don't think you're an abuser. Regal, do you think he's an abuser?" Regal shrugged "no not really but-" he glared at him "you do it again and we'll fucking kill you." Royal nodded and shrugged. Then he looked at Regal smirking.

  "Well unless it consensual, y'know. Majesty be-" they giggled "Nevermind!" I blinked "she be what..? I- I'll find out myself." They nodded "yeah okay. I know Majesty is smart enough to not be with an abuser. So we can trust you unless you give us another reason not to. Then you'll never be found again." They got out the car and went into the house.

  I sighed and got out as well. I didn't know what i was supposed to do so I called Caesar. "Hiii buddy. Can you come over, I need your help, no gay shit." He sighed "to your house?" I sighed back. "Nope. To Majesty's" I looked around awkwardly and he chuckled "I'm on the way.."

  I smiled and nodded "thanks, you're the best, bye- no homo tho." then I went inside and ran up to Majesty's room. She was laying in bed with Niddy crying. Seeing her like that just made my whole chest hurt. I sat down next to her and sighed "Majesty.." she looked at me and sniffed "hi Reezy, I'm okay, everything is okay" she wiped her face and leaned on me "Thank you for standing up for me. I can't believe she- nevermind."

  We stared at each other and I sighed "what happened, what'd she say." Majesty looked down and frowned "well she was saying how 'you know Riley doesn't love you' and at first I was gonna ignore her because my niece was right there. But she just kept talking and I just said 'okay crack baby' nd she said what she said and then you jumped in and saved the day."

  I frowned and hugged her. "I don't just love you, I adore you. You're the love of my life." Mane I thought I was T.I but, she got a nigga sounding like Usher. She nodded and looked down "I want to believe you but, those are just words." I looked down. "Well.. how can I show you?" She was about to say something but Caesar walked in "hey guys" Majesty looked up and smiled "Hi Caesar! Why're you here?"

  I looked down "I just know he makes you happy." Her face softened "but baby, you make me happy... you weren't going to leave, were you?" I shook my head "no I wasn't exactly planning on it. Do you want me to...?" She shook her head "not reallly."

  Caesar won't paying us no mind, she was having a full conversation with Kennedy. I nodded awkwardly "I uh.. sometimes feel- shit, I wasn't meant to be a softie, why did you do this to me.  Sharing my emotions be hard and shit, damn. " She nodded "I'm listening." I looked at her and looked at Caesar and sighed.

"I just feel like I can't compare to uh. Him" she looked at Caesar and back at me "like.. him?" I nodded and she shrugged "look. I love you. Not anyone else. Wow, I didn't know Riley could feel insecure.." she giggled and looked at her phone. "Hey Niddy, pretty girl, your momma wants you home soon." I pouted "don't take my buddy.."

  Caesar handed Kennedy a chocolate coin "there you go, Niddy. If you guys don't need anything, I'm gonna head out. I have a uh.. date." Majesty smiled and nodded "You can go ahead and leave. Don't want you to be late." They hugged and he left. I stood up and picked up Kennedy "hi buddy!!" Majesty smiled "we have to take her home." I groaned and we took my buddy back to her mom.

  On our way back from by the beach, I was rolling Majesty a blunt as she drove. "Bae. Your um brothers said something earlier.. I was just gonna ask you about it real quick. They told me to never uhm hit you again, right? Makes sense. Until they kept going and said 'unless it's consensual. Majesty be-' and then them lil niggas giggled nd said nevermind." She smiled a little "you'll find out when you find out." Then she started blaring 'It's All About U' by Tupac.

  I bopped my head and she sung the whole song. The whole thing. Like duh, obviously, but damn lil nigga, you must have lungs for days. I looked at my phone and sighed "Now, why is Huey's gay-ass calling me.." I called him back and he picked up immediately.

  "You need to get home, now. Where are you?" His voice actually had an emotion other than anger. I scoffed "Where am I? You not my momma! Dayum! I'll get back when I get back!" He sighed "Look man, I don't wanna argue with you. Something bad just happened and I don't wanna tell you over the phone." I nodded "well um, no spoilers my nigga. Peace." Then I hung up.