chapter 13

this what y'all wanted so, here you go!!

Jazmine's POV

  "Dubois.." I heard the voice faintly in the back of my dream. Then it slowly began to grow louder and louder. "Dubois! Jazzy...  Jaz... Mariah... Jazmine.. JAZMINE!" I shoot up out of my sleep to find my fiance sitting over me. "Jazmine, we're gonna be late for brunch." I checked my clock and have a mini heart attack, forgetting Huey ever invited me to brunch with Granddad and my parents. I mean, it *literally* completely slipped my mind!

  I got up and rushed to the bathroom, unwrapping my newly pressed hair and brushing it before throwing it into a claw clip and brushing my teeth. As I started applying my face wash, Huey walked in with clothing in hand.

  "Cherie, should I wear this shirt?" he held up a black, long-sleeved button up "or this one?" he held up a tan, short-sleeved button up, similar to the one he wore while we were growing up. I shrugged "It's not that fancy anyways... why don't you wear the blue shirt I got you? It'll match with my dress!" he smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist while I wiped my face off "You're so silly.. you didn't realize I was wearing it already.." I turned to look at him "oh yeah.. it looks so good on you!" I brushed his shoulders off and smiled.

  He walked out "Oh by the way, your parents left already to get the table." I washed my face off and walked out my bathroom and into my closet, changing into my blue sundress. "They can wait, yeah?" He nods "You already know I don't care.." I sat at my vanity and applied my mascara. "I'm rationalizing it with myself, not you, love.." I put on lip liner and gloss then I go in my jewelry cabinet and I pull out my favorite necklace. I look in the drawer with my rings and I slide on my engagement ring.

MY engagement ring...

I'M engaged!!! It's still so unreal to me.. I stared at the ring, a princess cut white diamond. I still remember exactly what Huey said when he gave it to me.

"The perfect ring for my perfect wife. Princess cut, because you're my princess... Well, soon-to-be Queen" He wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a sweet kiss on my lips, holding me tight.

And I just remember melting in his arms, it was the best feeling ever.. I can't help but to melt under his touch. Anytime he touches me, I don't know, it's just something about his energy makes my heart pump and my toes curl.

The day Huey  proposed was the very best day of my life.. so far anyways. I'm so excited for our wedding, he said we're going to get married after graduation. I wasn't excited for graduation at first, but, now I can't wait.

Huey walked in and looked at me "Jaz. We don't have all day.." I looked up at him and chuckled "Okay, okay... I'm coming." I slide on some flats and follow Huey to his car. He drove us to the restaurant and we walked in, going over to the table where granddad and my parents were. I sat down next to my dad, smiling.

"Sorry for being late, you guys let me sleep in... So." Granddad giggled "You're okay, cutie pie! A lady needs her sleep." My mom nodded, smirking. "Yeah, plus, I know you haven't been feeling the best.. you've been feeling kind of sick, perhaps a little nausea?"

Huey and my dad's eyes darted over to her. "What are you suggesting?" They said in unison and I just blinked at her. "Uhm yeah, what's going on here?" My mom shrugged "Nothing, I'm just saying-" I shook my head, laughing. "I'm.. not pregnant.." Huey nodded "Yeah, we use protection." I glanced up at him "uhm.." I stared at him and he shrugged. "What? I mean yeah, that one time- well, it was more than once, we-" he paused as his eyes met mine and I glance at my dad and back at Huey and he stopped talking. "Uhm.. Sorry.."

I sighed "Plus, I can't be pregnant at the same time as my mom. My child and my new sibling can't be the same age. And I don't want a kid right now..." Granddad looked at my dad. "You two are expecting? Wasn't expecting that one! Hoo-hoo- Thomas has been getting busy... Congrats!"