chapter 18

"Sooo, then what happened?" Jazmine asked me, sipping her soda. We sat over drinks and waffles in a waffle house while waiting for our spa appointment.

"He cried."

"He cried?!"

"He did." I confirmed, poking at my food. "And he told me he loved me. A lot. He told me he loved me and he cried... he begged me to hold him one last time and he said he needed a break."

"Did you hold him?" She asked, a genuine look on her face. "Is he okay?"

"Of course I held him. He just- he knows my weak spots. But I don't know if he's okay, I mean, I haven't seen him cry since the accident.. I'll ask my brother if he seems alright whenever he gets home." I spoke softly and thoughtfully, not wanting to think about it anymore. "What about you?"

"My mom is convinced I'm pregnant. I'm not, by the way. I even took a test but, she's still convinced. I think it's because she's pregnant." Jazmine complained, rolling her eyes.

"Are you fucking?"

"Do you want the answer to that?"

"Are you using protection?"

"Most of the time." She said casually, shrugging her shoulders. She looks so innocent but, her mouth is.. Reckless.

She continued eating, looking up every once in a while to see if I was going to say anything.

"Jazmine, there's nothing left to talk about. We're always together, we know everything."

"Okay I got it. What did Riley's vomit taste like?"

"JAZMINE!" I shouted, covering my face. "Eww, why'd you even say that? I'm ready to go, I need a to-go box." I laughed and she laughed with me, covering her mouth. "I'm sorry, Majesty! I had to ask!" She chuckled and I rolled my eyes. "It was disgusting. Thank you for reminding me of that."

I crossed my arms and stared at her. She kept giggling as her phone rang and she dug in her purse to pull it out. "Hello? Riley! Hey man.. oh, Majesty? She's right here, I'm looking at her. We're going to the spa... Why, what's up? Oh, it's fine, I've got her. See you later honey. Tell your brother to call me, thank you, bye!" She hung up and looked at me.

"Riley was looking for you..." She said, stirring her ice around her drink. "He was like "where's my girlfriend? She never came back from Michael's house. Oh she's with you? Oh aight, bye. Or whatever he said, blah blah blah."

I sighed "I forgot to text him.." I shrugged lazily, resting my head in my hand. "He be aight." I smiled at Jazmine and she smiled back. "Are you ready to go? Our appointment is coming up-" I nodded, stretching. "Did you want to go half and half on the bill?" She shook her head. "I've got it, you don't stress." She went to pay and I packed up our food.

We left the Waffle House and she called Huey as soon as she got in the car.

"Hi Huey, baby! I'm with Majesty right now, we're on the way to the spa! Yeah, we're leaving the Waffle House off of Timid Deer Street. No, not Timid Deer Lane, the street is like the main road."

I laughed, shaking my head as Jazmine continued her call.

"Did I- oh my god, she didn't get to you, did she? I'm not- HUEY!" she laughed as she drove down the street. "Yes I took a test, I took a few, I'm not pregnant."

"Oh, even Huey thinks so?" I teased.

"Shut up, Majesty." Jazmine glared at me quickly. "Anyways Huey, no, it's okay. I'm literally just going to the spa. I'm not pregnant. Drink? Huey please get off my phone, honey. I know she's got you paranoid -"

I listened to Jazmine's side of the conversation trying to convince Huey she's not pregnant.

"HUEY!" she shouted, embarrassed. "Okay, I'm hanging up. Good bye." She flipped her phone closed.

"They're so delusional.. like- literally." She leaned forward in her seat, driving down the road. "It's so annoying. I always take my birth control- on time! And I take plan B when needed! Like- ugh! I'm not having a baby anytime soon!"

I just giggled, shaking my head. "Well, what can you do?" She rolled her eyes and we pulled up to the spa.

"It's just my mom is excited about the new baby, she wants me to have one too.. for some reason." Her phone started ringing again and she sighed, answering.

"Hello??" She answered annoyed but her face immediately changed. "Oh hi Daddy! Yes, I'm fine, I'm with Majesty. But I have to warn you, don't listen to Mom and Huey. What they're saying isn't true.. ok? I'll call you later, bye Dad! I love you, mwah!" She hung up and looked at me.

  "Now it's time to relax.."

We got out of the car and walked into the spa place. Jazmine pulled out a pass and signed us in, letting me know she was a regular here. She led me to the back and giggled. "Should we get facials first or massages? Or we could get mani-pedis! What do you want to do?" She asked excitedly and I smiled. "How about the massage first, then facials, then manicures and pedicures, okay?" I asked and she nodded, grabbing my hand and pulling me somewhere.

"Where is everyone else?"

"Not here.." Jazmine answered.

"Why?"

"I might've reserved the building just for us."

"..What"

  Where is she getting all of this money from? I mean, as long as I don't have to pay..

But what the hell.

"Just relax.."