chapter 12

Majesty's POV

  Me and Jazmine are sitting in my room, just talking and gossiping while I flat iron her hair because she was bored and wanted something new. I almost convinced her to dye it but we couldn't decide on a color. She looks at me in my mirror and smiled "So.." I nodded "Yes DuBois?" she smirked "How was it?" I looked at her "You don't mean-" she winked "I might." she shrugged and we laughed. "It was... good." she nodded "and you hesitated because...?" I sighed "Uhm.. I don't know. He wasn't rough enough.. he wasn't-" She smirked "He wasn't Caesar?" I nodded and Jazmine sighed "What am I going to do with you.. Why did you and Caesar break up anyway?"

  I bit my lip and looked down "It's a long story.." Jazmine nodded "We have time. It's the last 3 weeks before school starts so I've got 3 weeks to spare." I nodded "Well we started dating at the beginning of last summer, a little over a year ago. We met through an ex friend of mine, she broke both of our hearts by cheating on Caesar with my at the time boyfriend so I guess we just bonded over that.. it was pretty good, he'd stay at my house every other week and when he wasn't with me, he was with y'all or in New York. It was good, life was good. Well until it wasn't. See I  guess you wouldn't really call me or Caesar the most stable people.." I looked at Jazmine "You should let me cut your hair a little." she nodded "As long as you finish this story, you can do whatever you want." I pulled out my shears and got snipping while continuing my story.

   "Well yeah, me and Caesar had an.. unhealthy way of coping. We would get high, fuck, sober up, he left, rinse and repeat. But one day we just took it farther, we went from weed to painkillers, to anything that would give us a buzz. Mouthwash, cough syrup, nutmeg. It's crazy, nutmeg is what sent me to the hospital for the first time." Jazmine stared at me "The first time?" I nodded and continued "Yeah but yeah. It got worse the longer we were together. I mean I still have all the suicide notes we wrote in my closet. We ran away, planned suicide, attempted suicide, I mean, the amount of times I almost overdosed.. the amount of times Caesar almost killed me.. countless, countless times. But we were in it together so it was okay. I got sent to the mental hospital and after I got out, I broke up with Caesar. We were close for a while and then he just slowly drifted away. Jazmine the day I met you, when you came and invited me to eat that Popsicle, you really did save my life.  I had no one after Caesar left.. I'm glad he's back and I'm glad we're friends."

  I looked at Jazmine who was sniffling and had tears run down her face. "Majesty.." I shook my head "Girl, stop crying.." Jazzy hugged me and I hugged her with one arm. she let go and looked at her hair, which I was now done with. She stared and gasped and I smiled "You like?" she nodded and I turned off my flat iron and grabbed a scarf to wrap her hair with. "Come here, before it poofs back up." she sat and I wrapped her hair. "Just keep this on when you don't have to look super cute." she nodded. Regal and Royal ran in and jumped on my bed. "That boy is here." Regal yelled and Royal shook his head "It's not him, I told you!" I smiled and went downstairs "Rileeeey-? Regal said it's Riley." I opened the door and frowned at Huey "You're not Riley." he frowned back "You're not Jazmine." I let him in and took him upstairs.

  "So what'd you do to her hair?" he asked as he sat on my floor and I just looked at him. "You're not going to be happy with me.." His face dropped "Relaxer?" I shook my head "Not that mad." he nodded "blow out?" I gulped "angrier." He stared at me "You did not do a silk press-" I nodded and Jazmine giggled "Hueyy, it's not that bad. My hair will curl back, it will be okay. Why so serious?" He sighed "Sorry, I don't want you to damage your hair." she smiled "Aww you're so considerate, Huuuuueyy!" I fake gagged and so did my brothers. We laughed and Jazzy smiled "We'll go, we'll go. Come on Huey boo." He smiled and got up "okay okay!" they left and I sat on my bed. My brothers got up and left my room and then my phone started ringing.

  "Hello?" I chirped and answered my phone. "Hey!" Riley said with a hum and I smiled "Oh heyy stinka butt!" I giggled and he sighed "Ebony, don't call me that." I smiled to myself "Okay stinka butt. Do you wanna come over and snuggle?" he chuckled "Yeah, I'd like that girlie.." I squealed "Okay! I'll see you later my love, I lovey love-love you pookie!" He just chuckled some more. "Ight babe, see you in a little bit. Love you too.." he hung up and I laid back on my bed and I just smiled to myself.