One Training Montage Later

About two months have passed by since the training commenced and everyone was showing some good progress.

Yuugo barely paid visits to the training sessions though as he promised and spent most of his time away hunting or helping the little kiddos in the shelter with small errands, he’sd something show up at the little indoor farm of theirs or he’d be out there hunting dow anything and everything to provide for his family.

Boy, was he happy to have a family again, to have Lucas by his side again. All that regret he felt was now long gone and he felt so free after so many year of being suffocated.

“Yuugo! We made this for you!” The sweet little kids chimed as they put a nice little crown made out of origami papers before giggling away and heading off to find their next target whom they’ll be killing with their cute little antiques.

Yuugo smiled softly at the life before him.

“Someone’s happy~” A small laugh escaped the lips of the old friend of his while Yuugo rolled his eyes mockingly. “It’s peaceful, isn’t it?”

“I hope it’ll stay that way.”

“Yeah, me too…” Lucas sighed before a question arose in his mind, “How is the training with those kids going?”

“I let the maniac and Oliver take care of it.”

The man beside him let out a hearty chuckle, “The fact that you call Oliver by his name but refuse to do the same for [Y/N].”

“Because she is a maniac and there’s no lie in that.” the man huffed. “The fact that she literally is thinking about death and all that stuff like it’s just an ordinary Tuesday to her freaks me out. In addition to that she calls me Dad and you Mom! Of course she’s not right in the head!”

“Sureeee…” The auburn head teased his mate,

“Lucas, not you too!”

.

Close

.

Ray and [Y/N] were sparring at the moment, basically, [Y/N] dodging most of the time, she still refrained from actually hurting them. Oliver and his team were doing the same, while Oliver fought one on the team the other two would simply spar with each other or work on their skills.

“Ray, I know you love the strategy sh*t but like, could you put more strength into your attacks, even though you can land a punch on me, it barely hurts.” [Y/N] complained as she dodged another one of Ray’s punches. “Let me demonstrate. Take a defensive stance, don't wanna hurt you too much.” And with that she landed a blow.

Even though Ray knew it was coming he simply didn’t have enough speed to match her punch, and god, did it hurt, of course, she beat Yuugo.

“And I held back on that one.” the girl sighed, “You’ll be fine in a bit though, Just apply some ice to it and it'll be good as new in a few hours.” she turned to Emma, “In the meanwhile we’ll continue with your training, Em!”

.

"Emma, you've been doing so much better already!" [Y/N] complimented as she blocked one of her sparring partner Emma's punch.

"I still can't even land a blow on you!" The girl complained, trying to sweep her leg under [Y/N]'s only to fail at the attempt.

"You'll get there, I know you will!" Pulling on the ginger's hand taking her by surprise, the crackhead placed a careful kiss on her forehead, "A good luck charm to speed up the progress!" She winked.

“Aw! Thanks!” the sunshine giggled as they continued with their training.

Somewhere not so very, just on the other end of the room, Nigel spoke, confusion evident in his voice, watching the interaction just now, “You’ve got it hard, Ray.”