Departure

{A/N: *Plays 'departure' (Hunter X Hunter opening song) DAICHIMO FUMISHIMETE-}

"Okay, we'll be leaving for the human world in two or maybe three days." Sonya checked for any other business that might need to be taken care of.

The terms of the promise, the person or might I say the 'people' who'll be making the promise have been decided. The wording, the reward, this whole mystical process, all of it was rather beyond human understanding but at the same time very comprehensive and simple.

It's give and take.

Well, more precisely like the Law of equivalent exchange.

But the only problem is the 'reward'.

Throughout history only two promises have been made. One between the Royal family and the Head of the Ratri family. And the other one between the same Ratri and the Demon God himself.

The Royal family and the Head of the Ratri family agreed on the world being separated into two. The Ratri offered for a part of the human population to stay in the demon dominated society to sustain their want of human meat while the rest of the human population gets to live a fearless life.

He was fed up with the war between humans and the demons, he deemed it to be obvious that the demons would win in the end. His rationality and fears took a better hold of him, leading to the sacrifice of his very own commarades, the people who fought battles alongside him.

He then turned to the demon god to create a barrier between the two species only to get trapped into a contract of decades, centuries or even millenia if you will. His whole clan and the coming generations were now cursed with the fate of having to lead the farms in the demon world and maintaining the so called order in both of the worlds, all because of his greediness to end the war even at the cost of generations of humans that'll be raised only to be eaten, to be livestock for the demons.

"That's some cruel history lesson." Violet commented, vincing slightly.

"Tells you a lot about the sh*t we live in." Yuugo sipped his coffee.

"If only there was some cannibalism too…" The weirdo sighed in the background, "Would really like some of that dark stuff, you know?"

"Would you shut up?!" Ray elbowed the girl.

"Ow!" The said girl glared intensely at the boy sitting next to her, "I'm so close to throwing hands with you-"

"Ok, so as I was saying," Sonya cut off the crackhead's statement, "Yuugo and Lucas will be making the promise since they're more knowledgeable and experienced, if there comes a problem, they both are the most efficient in tackling them and we all agreed to that."

"Yes, and now since there is no reason for us to stay here any longer, let's get ready to leave as soon as possible." Oliver smiled.

'Yup, no reason at all.' [Y/N] smiled, "That motherf*cker, Whitey, you're out there, i just know it, just let me get a hold of that crescent moon lock of yours, I swear to Phil I'll yeet you.' the girl grumbled inside her head.

"So the essentials that we'll need to get ready before we leave will be-"

"GUYS, WE HAVE TO RUN!!!" Pepe ran over, slamming the door open, hastily shouting out his next few words, "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!"

"EVERYONE! QUICK!!"

After that not a single sentence was uttered among them, gathering children all around the bunker which was quite easy since most of them were already here to hear the announcement of departure to the human world but I guess that journey will have to wait a bit.