I Brought You Daffodils

[Y/n's POV]

I woke up stuff on the sofa. The mornings after the fights were always the worst parts. I waited in silence in the living room, before I heard her walk downstairs and knock gently on the door.

"Y/n, love? Please can I come in?" She asked quietly and I unlocked the door, "I'm so sorry, baby," she sobbed and pulled me close into a hug. I hugged back but didn't let my guard down. This was the same ritual after every fight we had.

She left the room without another word and drove off to work. I sat down on the living room floor and stared at the wall in silence. I thought about the stupid mistake id made but also... how I didn't feel sorry at all for it.

I stood up again, and walked upstairs to get dressed, when I walked past the landing mirror. My face had started to form a faint blue bruise in the shape of Cordelia's hand. I sighed and realised I'd have to leave my hair down for a while to conceal it.

Once dressed, I wandered outside and started to water the lilac. Just as I got down to reach the roots, I heard a familiar clearing of someone's voice.

I looked down, not wanting her to see, but I was too late. She'd already stepped over the two foot wall and into my garden, looking at the bruises on my face.

"Oh my god, y/n," she whispered, "What happened?"

[Wilhemina's POV]

When I woke up in the morning, a part of me hoped Michael would be next to me, but as usual, he was out. I've gotten used to waking up to an empty bed, but a small part of me still hurt, still wished I would wake up and he'd be next to me but deep down, I knew I don't think we'd ever go back to how we used to be, before everything happened.

Once I had showered and dressed, I carefully made my way down the stairs and grabbed my cane off of the floor and leaning all of my weight onto it, I slipped my shoes on.

I went out to my garden to see y/n watering the lilac bush. I watched her for a few seconds before clearing my throat, I saw her hesitate and look down, and I saw something on her face, something that looked like a bruise.

I stepped over the small wall into her garden, and looked at her face.

"Oh my god, y/n," I whispered, to her and to myself, "What happened?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Nothing."

I shifted my weight on my cane and she looked over for a second before looking back at the ground. "Y/n, tell me, what happened?"

"I said nothing. Let's not do this, please." I sighed and sat on the small wall, not wanting to be pushy.

We sat there in an awkward silence for a while until she said something. "Are you.. okay?" She gestured to my cane and I fiddled with the top of it in my hands.

"What? Oh yes, I'm fine." I nodded and she looked up at me for the first time since I'd come outside.

"Really, are you okay? What happened?"

I sighed and looked down. "I thought you didnt want to 'do this'." I reminded her of what she'd said earlier and she shrugged.

"You dont have to tell me if you dont want to, I mean its been years."

"Yeah. 4 years," I whispered and looked at my hands. "Its just- never mind." I shook my head and put the focus back on her.

"What happened? To your face?" I asked. I knew what had happened, it was obvious.

"Its stupid, you dont need to know," she said and went back to gardening, disregarding me completely. "Okay.. bye y/n."