I Wanna Learn To Love

6 months later...

[Cordelia's POV]

"Thank you," I said and smiled at Wilhelmina, as she put the cup of tea down in front of me. Y/n was out visiting an old friend, leaving the two of us alone together for the day.

"So, how're you feeling?" Wilhelmina smiled gently and sat across from me on her sofa.

"Physically or in general?" I laughed.

"Let's start with physically." She smiled and I nodded.

"I'm doing good, morning sickness is a bitch but y/n has been a lifesaver coming over every morning to help me. I'm just tired all the time is all," I said and placed a hand over the now-prominent baby bump.

"Well if you ever need anything, you have my number too."

"Have you been baby shopping yet?" I laughed and her face dropped a little.

"That's actually why I called you over, Cordelia," she frowned a little and stood up, motioning for me to follow her upstairs and into a little purple room off to the side.

It was a fully furnished baby room, with a cot and mobile, stuffed animals and pictures of Wilhelmina holding a tiny baby across the walls.

"I want to rearrange all of it, but I don't know where to start. Every time I go to move or get rid of something, I just cry and I feel so pathetic because it was so long ago," she whispered and a few tears rolled down her face.

"This was her room?" I asked and pulled her close, my bump making it a little awkward. She nodded and I let her go, picking up one of the pictures.

"Y/n's been helping me so much, giving me little things to do that help out the memories to rest but the second I stop, they all come back again," she sobbed quietly and sat in the armchair next to the window. I took the seat next to her and looked around.

I stood up again and kept eye contact with her, as I picked up another picture and moved it to a new place, putting it face down on the shelf where Wilhelmina couldn't see it anymore.

She didn't move, she just watched as I did the same thing with all of the pictures. Picking them up and facing them down, until she couldn't see them anymore.

"How does that feel?" I asked gently and she nodded a little.

I walked over to her and put her hands on the bump slowly, and she smiled at me, as we felt a kick.

"Help me move the cot," I said and walked over to the wooden cot against the wall.

"To where?" She whispered and helped me push it across the room. Neither of us could lift it, so pushing was the only other option.

Now, the pictures couldn't be seen and the cot was on the opposite side of the room entirely.

"Well?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at her, noticing the smile on her lips.

"It feels better," she smiled and started moving more things around with me, until the room was unrecognisable, "I want to get rid of the armchairs."

"Sure." I smiled and she walked out of the room, only to come back with a pair of screwdrivers. We took them apart piece by piece, and then loaded them into my car to take them to the tip.

Walking back into Wilhelmina's house, we wandered back up to the room and sat together on the floor.

"I feel better now," she whispered and smiled at me.

"What're you calling her?" We'd found out the gender only two weeks ago and Wilhelmina was ecstatic to have another baby girl.

"Willow." She smiled gently.

"That's adorable," I laughed, "but why Willow?"

"That was the name of her," she replied gently and I nodded. I understood Wilhelmina wouldn't ever fully move on but I also knew that just being able to say her name was a huge improvement for her. I was aware she'd told y/n only a few nights ago.

"You're going to be wonderful mothers, Wilhelmina."

"I'm going to try." She smiled.

[Wilhemina's POV]

I was anxiously waiting for y/n to come home, so I could show her the baby room. I wanted her to like it and be okay with it, it was going to be for her baby as well after all.

"Shes going to love it, Wilhemina. Dont worry about it," Cordelia said and squeezed my hand, reassuring me.

"Yeah I know, I just cant help but worry that she wont like it, or that she'll change her mind about everything."

"Did you not see the look on her face when you put your engagement ring back on the right finger? She looked like she was about to cry." Cordelia smiled at me and i smiled back.

"Thank you, for all of your help today." I said and brought her into a hug, blinking back the tears.

"Anytime, Wilhemina." She whispered and hugged me tighter.

When y/n walked in we both let go of each other and looked at her, smiling.

"What is it? Whats going on?" She said, walking towards us closely. We mustve freaked her out.

"I have something to show you." I said and walked over to her, grabbing her hand and bringing her up the stairs. Cordelia followed behind us, taking a little longer.
When we were all standing in front of the baby room, i opened the door and let y/n walk inside.

She was silent for a moment before she turned around and faced me, with tears in her eyes.

"This is our babys room." She said and sniffed, making me laugh.

"Yeah. Do you like it?"

"Do i like it?! I love it! This is our babys room!" She said and pulled me into a hug, and i could feel my shoulder getting wet through my shirt.

"Are you crying?" I asked her and she nodded, resting her head on mine.

"Yeah. Im just so happy." She whispered and pulled me closer.

When she pulled away after a few minutes, I wiped the tears off of her cheeks and pulled her in for a gentle kiss. "We're going to have a tiny family, y/n," I laughed, before she kissed me again.

That night, I slept the happiest I'd ever slept .