And I Wanna Cry

[Y/n's POV]

I awoke the next morning to a gentle knocking on the front door. I looked over at Cordelia and noticed she was still asleep. Although we're not together anymore, she asked if I could stay with her on a nighttime, so I'd be there if anything happened, or if she needed my help in a morning and of course, I agreed.

I made my way downstairs in silence and opened the door to a broken-looking Wilhelmina. Smudged mascara had made its way under her eyes, with tears stains marking their path down her face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I whispered and let her in, closing the door quietly behind her. I picked her up carefully and carried her to the living room, where I sat with her curled into my lap.

"Michael keeps reminding me... me of how I... I can't have another baby. An... and he keeps telling me it... it's was my fault she died," she sobbed into my chest, moving closer into my warmth. It was only then that I realised how cold she was.

"Darling, you're freezing," I whispered and took off my huge jumper, pulling it on her. She looked as if she were drowning in the purple wool.

"He won't let me sleep in the house, I've been sat in the car all night, but the heating doesn't work," she said quietly and moved back to smush her face into my front.

"Why didn't you come over sooner, Wilhelmina?" I frowned and pulled the purple scrunchie from her hair, before I started teasing out little knots.

"I didn't want to bother you," she whispered and I kissed her temple.

"I'm more bothered that you'd think that, rather than anything else."

"Hey, are you alright?" Cordelia walked in and looked to Wilhelmina, who was shivering still.

"I should go, I'm sorry," Wilhelmina said and tried to leave but Cordelia pushed her back down into my arms and knelt in front of her.

"Wilhelmina, what's wrong?" Cordelia frowned and took one of her hands in her own.

"It's nothing," she whispered and smiled weakly.

"Michael keeps making comments about Wilhelmina's inability to carry a baby," I said gently, before Wilhelmina started sobbing into me again.

"Do... do you want a baby Wilhelmina?" Cordelia frowned and squeezed her hands gently.

"I had one, but I had an accident and lost her," she whispered and I could see the guilt and thought plastered across Cordelia's face.

"Well I... I don't want this baby," Cordelia sat next to us on the sofa and opened her arms for Wilhelmina to hug her, which she gladly did, "I don't want a baby at all and especially not with a man who would put his own wife down for something she has no control over."

Cordelia and I hadn't spoken about what we were doing with the baby, I knew it wasn't my place to say, but I also knew she wouldn't keep it.

"Wilhelmina, I don't want this baby, but I would be happy.. more than happy for you to take care of it instead. Would you want that, or would you consider it?" My wife asked gently and Wilhelmina frowned a little.

"You're... you're sure? You want me to have your baby? Like... be a mother again?" She sniffled and kept eye contact with Cordelia.

"You're one of the only two people I would want to have the baby." She smiled at Wilhelmina.

"Who's the other?" The redhead looked down to Cordelia's now slightly swollen tummy.

"Your girlfriend," she giggled and looked at me, a heavy blush coating both mine and Wilhelmina's faces.