On Another Love

3 months later...

[Y/n's POV]

"WILHELMINA, SHES COMING!!!" I screamed up the stairs, pulling my shoes on and running outside to start the car, only to be mat by my wife not even two minutes later, who was still getting her shoes on.

"DRIVE!" She yelled and I sped off down the road and to the hospital.

Wilhelmina and I got married in a small ceremony last month, due to us realising it might be difficult with the baby, who was being born right now.

We rushed into the hospital and up to the maternity ward, where we were met by a nurse, "Mrs and Mrs Venable?" She smiled and we nodded frantically, "she's been in labour for a few hours, we just need you to take a seat and we'll bring her through when she's ready."

"Actually, Nurse Ratched, Ms Goode has asked y/n Venable be in the room," a doctor ran out, blood on his gloves. I looked to Wilhelmina, who nodded and kissed me gently, before I followed them back into the birth room.

"Hey." I ran to Cordelia, who gripped my hand tightly, as she pushed again.

"Y/n, before I have her, I need you to know I'm so so AHHHHHHHH sorry for everything I did to you both," she cried and I hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head.

"I forgive you, Delia." I smiled and she pushed again.

An hour later, Willow Rose Venable was born.

I said a final goodbye to Cordelia, who would be taken back to her home by the police, as she was on house arrest.

I kissed my baby and I took her through to my wife.

[Wilhemina's POV]

When y/n came out of Cordelia's hospital room holding Willow in her arms, I wanted to jump up and down and scream in joy, but I didn't, I just walked over to her and looked at the sleeping baby in her arms, trying not to cry.

"She's beautiful." I whispered and looked up to y/n, who had tears in her eyes.

"Do you want to hold her?" She said quietly, careful not to wake up the baby and I nodded.

She handed Willow to me and I couldn't keep the tears in my eyes, looking down at her in my arms. I never thought id get the chance to do this again, hold a baby in my arms. My baby.

I looked up to y/n who was wiping her tears with her sleeve and she wiped mine, smiling at me.

"When do we get to take her home?" I asked her.

"Right now. Cordelia's said goodbye so there's nothing stopping us from taking her home." Y/n said and her smile got bigger, so did mine.

When we got home, we brought the sleeping baby up to the baby room and placed her in the cot carefully.

"She's perfect." Y/n whispered and put her arm around me, bringing me in for a kiss.

I kissed her back and she pulled away for a second, crying again.

"I love you so much." She said and sniffed, more tears running down her cheeks.

"I love you too." I whispered and wiped the tears off of her cheeks before bringing me into a hug.

She pulled away, looking back at Willow but still holding me close. "This is the start of our family."

[Narrator's POV]

That night, Wilhelmina drove y/n and Willow back home safely and felt a huge weight lifted from her shoulders as she parked.

The old chapter of her life had finally been closed that evening and, instead of opening the book on a different page, she chose to start a new one all together. One with a much happier ending.

Although sometimes Wilhelmina still feels worried she can't be good enough, all it takes is seeing a small interaction between her wife and daughter, to let her know it's all going to be okay.

Wilhelmina finally had her family. That's all she needed.

Y/n was the cool mother. Where Wilhelmina was worrying about feeds and bedtimes, y/n was worrying about what pair of matching sunglasses she would put on herself and her baby, for her new wattpad profile picture.

Phrases such as "Shit Wilhelmina, these ones don't fit on her." And "she looks so fucking awesome. She's like a little drug dealer." were common in the Venable household from y/n and were always reprimanded by Wilhelmina, who used sentences such as "no swearing near the baby." and "y/n Venable! That's inappropriate!".

Despite their different methods of parenting, both women were wonderful mothers and it was settled at last.

Everything would be okay.