But They Won't Flower

[Y/n's POV]

"Good morning beautiful," I whispered to my fiancé.

"Good morning darling," she hummed and kissed me softly, but there was a strange absence this time.

"Are you alright my love?" I frowned and pulled her closer to me.

"I... I want to have a baby, y/n," she said quietly and pulled back to look at my face.

"Winnie... we've talked about this," I sighed and stood up out of the bed.

"Have we though? Have we really?"

"Wilhelmina, you knew going into this relationship that I do not want children, that hasn't changed. You respected that from the start, and I respected you for understanding my decision," I said gently.

It was rare, almost never, for Wilhelmina and I to argue. We would have disagreements but we also communicated through them and worked through problems effectively with one another. I expected this to be the same.

"Can you not see us though? Holding a little baby between us on a nighttime? A mini us?" She stepped closer to me and held my hands, "We could start a family, y/n."

"Wilhelmina, you know all I wish for in this world, is for you to be happy. If having a child is what you feel will make you happy, then I'm not the person you should be with," I spoke softly, not wanting this to become a screaming match. Wilhelmina and I had never shouted at one another before and I didn't want it to change now.

"I need a baby to feel complete y/n," she whispered and sat on the edge of the bed.

I walked over and kissed her temple gently, "Well then I hope, from the bottom of my heart that you find someone who will give you that."

And I kissed her once more on the lips, packed a bag and left, but not before I turned to her one last time and whispered, "I still love you, but you can't be complete with me."

I never saw Wilhelmina again...

Until now.

I woke up sobbing and holding myself, reaching out to grasp onto Cordelia's body, but her side of the bed was cold and empty. I looked out of our bedroom window, to see her stood in the garden, talking to the man, who I assumed to be Wilhelmina's husband, again.

I sighed and laid back down, hoping that was enough memories for tonight.

[Wilhemina's POV]

"I cant dance, y/n." I said, not wanting to embarrass myself in front of her.

"Me neither, come on!" She pulled me up to the middle of the living room and started trying to dance.

"Im really messing this up." I tried to copy what she was doing but it just wasnt working, i put my feet in all the wrong places and i keep on stepping on her feet.

"Just copy me!" She showed me how to do it and i sighed before trying again. She placed her hands on my neck and i put mine on her waist. "Are you okay?" She asked me and i nodded, finally getting the hang of it.

"Yeah, i think ive got it." I looked into her eyes and smiled, feeling completely happy in this moment.

"I love you." I whispered, holding tightly on to her.

"I love you, too." She pulled me in for a kiss and...

"Michael you are so funny." I heard a voice say and laugh from what sounded like in my garden. I sat up and looked out of the window in our bedroom to see Michael stood on our side of the small wall, talking to y/ns wife.

I sighed and got back into bed, hoping i had no more dreams tonight.