Like They Did Last Spring

[Y/n's POV]

"Your wife and Michael left together this morning," a familiar voice alerted me, as I was kneeling over a flower bed, tending to my newly-planted peonies.

"Who's Michael?" I frowned and brushed the dirt from my leggings, as I stood up to her height. I realised then, they she was a lot shorter now than she used to be, which led me to realise she had the cane for a spinal injury.

"Michael, my husband," she struggled to get out, looking like she was about to gag at the thought.

"Well where have they gone?" I raised an eyebrow and started walking back inside with her following behind me.

"I have no clue, I figured you might?"

"I didn't even hear her leave this morning," I sighed, "Drink?"

"Please." She smiled and I started making her tea exactly how she used to drink it. I hadn't even realised what I was doing, until I sat it down next to her and she smiled at me, "You remembered how I take it," she laughed.

"Oh God, I didn't even realise I was doing that," I laughed and screamed internally. How the hell did I remember how this woman takes her tea, it's been four years?!

"So they've just gone?" I asked and led her to the living room, where we sat close on the sofa.

"I suppose so. I've no idea where though," she sighed and set her drink down on the coffee table.

We sat in silence for a moment.

"So, how've you been?" I finally asked.

[Wilhemina's POV]

When I woke up, Michael was getting ready, I'm not sure where he was going because he looked strikingly smarter then he did the rest of the time.

"Yeah, I'm coming now. Don't worry about it, Cordelia," he said over the phone and walked out of the room.

I stayed silent until I heard the front door close and then i rushed downstairs to watch him get into his car from out the window, and from what I could see, there was someone else in the car with him.

A while later, when y/n was outside, watering some more flowers she put in her garden, I went out there and stepped over the small wall into her garden.

"Your wife and Michael left together this morning," I said, standing behind y/n.

"Who's Michael?" She asked, standing up and brushing the dirt off of her leggings. She looked a little shocked when she realised I was shorter than I used to be, and I saw her eyes move down to my cane and back then to my face.

"Michael, my husband." I didn't even like saying it anymore, the mere idea of him being my husband made me want to gag.

"Well where have they gone?" She raised an eyebrow and walked back inside her house, so i decided to follow her in.

"I have no clue, I figured you might?" I looked around her new house, everything was perfectly placed and clean, just as she liked it.

"I didn't even hear her leave this morning," She sighed and walked into the kitchen. "Drink?" She asked and I nodded.

"Please." I smiled at her and she started to make the drinks, so I looked around her kitchen, seeing how she placed everything. It almost looked how our old kitchen used to look. A few moments later she set the tea down next to me and gave it to me. I took a sip and smiled. "You remember how i take it," I laughed and she looked down, smiling.

"Oh God, I didn't even realise I was doing that," She laughed and i took a sip of my tea.

"So they've just gone?" She asked and led me to her living room, where we sat close on her sofa.

"I suppose so. I've no idea where though," I sighed and set my drink down on her coffee table.

We sat in silence for a moment before she said something. "So, How've you been?" She asked and i shrugged.

"Good, good. You?" I asked.

"Yeah, I've been good. A lot's happened over the years i suppose." Y/n took another sip of her tea and I decided to ask her more about Cordelia.

"How long have you and Cordelia been married?" She sighed and placed her drink on the coffee table.

"Just over a year now. You and Michael?"

"2 years and a few months." I nodded and she sighed and took a deep breath.

"I don't know if it's appropriate for me to ask this, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but how did you hurt your back?" She asked me and I looked down at my cane, fiddling with the top of it.

"I got into a car accident. Pretty bad. I'm not sure how hurt the other person got but Michael and I were hurt. I more than Michael, clearly. How did you know it was a back injury?" I asked her, blinking back the tears.

"Well you're shorter than me now, and you have a cane," She said it like it was the most obvious thing ever and I shifted around in my seat, getting a little uncomfortable. I think she noticed because she moved closer to me and put her hand on my leg. "Its nothing to be ashamed about, really. It just shows how strong you are."

I smiled at her and whispered, "Thank you."

y/n put her arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to her. It made me feel better, it really did. Knowing she still cared made everything feel better. I put my head on her shoulder and we sat together in a comfortable silence .