White Lies

Lawyer, "I've sent over the divorce papers. Sign it and send them back so we can get everything really finalized."
Jordyn, "Okay will do. Bye." Jordyn ends the phone call and opened up the envelope that read DIVORCE in bold black letters.

2 Months Later...
Janice

At dinner

At dinner...
Janice, "I'm glad that you allowed me to redeem myself." Leati bites his steak, "Yeah. I learned a few things about forgiveness and showing mercy." Janice, "I'm sorry for everything that happened between us. But it feels good to be in a good, slow dating phase with you." Leati smiles as Jordyn calls him from Mexico with a International Water business deal. Leati tells her he's on a date and to just email the paperwork.
Leati, "Sorry, manager."
Janice, "Who's your manager?"
Leati lies, "Paul."
True, Paul works as Leati's agent but never his manager. He never filled Jordyn's spot, he tried but it just didn't work out. Paul acts like he's envious of Leati not bumping up to being is well all around manager. He constantly reminds Leati that Jordyn left him in every way every time the subject comes up.
Leati and Janice continued their date and Leati drops Janice off home then heads home. The next day Jordyn flies in from Mexico taking the children over to Leati's 10:00AM. As she was cooking breakfast in walks Leati, shirtless. Leati, "Good morning ex-wife."
Jordyn, "You just make it sound so bad."
Leati, "You act happier cooking breakfast for me now then when we was married."
Jordyn, "Whatever Casanova. What are you doing today?"
Leati, "I don't know. What am I doing manager?"
Jordyn, "Nothing. I booked nothing else. You're retired, enjoy it."
Leati grabs Jordyn and kisses her. Jordyn finally was able to push him off wiping her mouth.
Jordyn, "Stop. Don't you have a girlfriend? Who is it anyways?"
Leati lies again, "Some girl I met at an event."
Jordyn, "Is she nice? Or pretty?"
Leati, "She got to be if I'm dating her well except for you with the nice part. You kinda mean."
Jordyn, "Says the negro that torture women."
Leati, "Why you gotta bring up old stuff. You call it torture, but it was enough please pleasure you came on me and the sheets."
Jordyn, "Shut up. Now why you gotta bring up old stuff. And don't be trying to get fresh with me when you're probably sleeping with this girl now you trying to get off with me."
Leati, "I'm not even sleeping with that girl."
Jordyn, "Whatever. Here's your plate and can you go rally your troops? And we can go through some paper work to figure some stuff out."
Leati, "Look I don't wanna get into all that."
Jordyn, "Fine but just know that I am. I know over five laws were broken and so someone's getting in a lot of trouble."
Leati, "So relentless when it comes to contracts and terms."
Jordyn, "Isn't that how we started?" Leati go get the kids and they kids wanted to go to the store so that's what Jordyn and Leati did. While they were getting soft pretzels at the stand in the mall, Leati spots Janice making his eyes big as golf balls. Not that he was afraid of Jordyn but he didn't want to be in the dog house with her especially since she started back managing him. They been through a lot so he think it's doing them both a favor in repairing their relationship to keep his dating life from her especially him dating Janice. Janice starts making her way over to Leati and he quickly deter her and pulls her in the opposite direction. He distracted her with clothes and shoes at high boutique. Once he returns to Jordyn and the kids, Janice had left the mall.

Leati heads to the international borders a week later as Jordyn stays home with the children. As she was grabbing files from Leati's office, a knock comes at the door. Jordyn opens it to so see Janice.
Jordyn, "What are you doing here?"
Janice tries to push through, "I'm here for Leati."
Jordyn pushes her back, "I didn't invite you in and he ain't here. And why you need to see him yall have no ties?"
Janice, "We're dating."
Jordyn laughs, "Prove it."
Janice whips out text and recent photos. Jordyn, "Well like I said he ain't here so you can go."
Janice, "Why are you here?"
Jordyn, "Well I didn't lie about the father of my children and I'm his manager."
Janice, "Manager?"
Jordyn, "Yes, as the reason why he got all them multi billions you're trying to hard to attach yourself to."
Janice, "Paul is his manager."
Jordyn, "I see you didn't deny it. And Paul is suspended as of three days ago, not that it's your concern. Now you can get off this doorstep before my sprinklers melt that cheap weave and ran over shoes. Witch!"
Jordyn slams the door.
Jordyn says to herself, "Starting clean and you wanna lie blantonly to my face Leati. Okay I'll show you."