Chapter 1

The bell chimes as the door opened, signaling the person inside office that someone had entered

The bell chimes as the door opened, signaling the person inside office that someone had entered. "Good morning, Uki." The girl greeted her friend with a smile on her face.

"Morning, (Name). How was your sleep?" Uki asked and smiled back. Both of them were in a good mood today, so the atmosphere in their office was lighter than usual.

Usually, both of them would just be sleep deprived as they had a lot of cases to review and investigate. Their minds raking over many assumptions and facts that contradict one another.

"I slept really well, maybe it's because of the gummies you gave me." (Name) shrugged her shoulders as she took off her backpack and opened it to take out her trusty laptop that she had for a few years, it may be old but it does the work. She then sat down once her work table is neat and organized.

Uki swiveled his chair to move near his friend before stretching his limbs and placing his feet on (Name)'s lap. "Yeah, those melatonin gummies work like magic for me too. And it tastes really good too, no?"

"Yup, I think I'll buy a couple more jars of those."

"Girl, how are you planning to eat all those? You should only take one or two, or else you'll be asleep forever."

"I mean.. I would also like that--" (Name) laugh at her own 'joke' but when she noticed Uki's stare at her, her laugh died down. "Okay, just kidding." She should've gotten used to Uki being a bit sensitive on suicidal jokes.

(Name) often unknowingly or maybe knowingly makes suicidal jokes and sometimes doesn't even give a thought of how she jokes about her own trauma.

"You better be." Uki glared at her before turning his head to the stack of papers that are piling up more and more as each day pass by.

Uki then, moved his eyes to look at his co-worker's screen. "Alright, let's finish our work.. Your case is on the.. uh--" He didn't get to finish since the girl herself just said the name that Uki had forgotten.

"Kaneshiro. Lucy Kaneshiro. Apparently she's been reported as someone who was accused of fraud and intellectual property theft. Ms. Kaneshiro claims to be innocent, and even have evidence against the accuser." (Name) spoke with confidence, she was sure that her client was innocent as she had already interviewed the lady a few times and even became friends with her in the process.

"And I, will be the one to help her win in the court. This is an accusation of crimes, so I'll do my best to help this lady."

Truth be told, Uki Violeta would've laughed of how (Name) often sounds cringe like a superhero from some television show, but hey, the girl loves being a lawyer and Uki doesn't want to laugh at her for being herself. "You're still hardworking as ever. You really do love this job, don't you?"

"Of course, I do. Why do you think I spent years studying Law in Nijisanji University?" She spent her years being a consistent honour student and being able to bear the ever growing pressure that her parents had placed on her shoulders.