Chapter 20

It was an animal, a dead animal hanging by her window

It was an animal, a dead animal hanging by her window. She had just experienced something life-threatening the other day and now someone was threatening her with this.

This wasn't good for her mental health, she might literally go insane from all that has been happening from the past few days that she can't even sleep with both of her eyes closed. She had to be wary around her surroundings most of the time due to her having the feeling of someone watching her, one of the reason why she also could feels that being with them may also place them in some kind of danger.

But at this point, having no one by her side would only make her become paranoid. So she called the first person she met and has become close to, it was none other than Shu.

The male on the other line of the phone stood up abruptly, surprising his own friends. When he uttered out the name of the person they cared for ever since meeting her, they became alert and also did the same with worried faces.

"Hello?" Shu continued yet there was no reply. He looked at his phone and waited for a bit if (Name) would end the call, but no she did not. So he looked at his friends and decided to run at the direction of (Name)'s dorm.

What could be happening to her in the middle of the day? Just as they have reached the said dorm building, they couldn't shake the feeling of being followed so they called for some back up in case anything happens just so that they could be prepared for it.

"On it." Luca said as he decided to stay behind and call for his men for them to be stationed in different places near the University campus and the dormitory. As much as he wanted to see (Name), he held back just for her safety.

Vox was the one leading up to (Name)'s room as he was the first one that (Name) had shown him the directions to her place. Her dorm was on the fifth floor and at the end od the hallway to the right, it was a nice place as it captures the view of Nijisanji University and the sun setting.

Just as they reached the designated floor, they turned to the right and saw the girl by the floor, staring at something that had made her freeze in fear and when they looked at it, it was a cat that was impaled by something, specifically a knife, over and over again which resulted with its skin to no longer to be able to hold it's organs.

Seeing it made Ike turned around as he held a hand over his mouth to prevent his food from earlier coming out. The only thing he felt was disgust and pity as it was a small innocent animal that you can find on the streets and someone was cruel enough to do this.

He should be used to seeing something like this but no, he was only used to seeing bullet wounds and not something as cruel as this. If he reacted like this, what more would be the effect to (Name)? He took a step forward then paused momentarily, looking back at the girl that was supported by Mysta by her arm on his shoulder.

He would of stayed longer but he just couldn't, so he continued walking downstairs to join Luca on the ground floor to keep him company and as well as to remove the sickening image that he had just seen.