Vox's Ending

"What's this? Another day, another bento?" Uki asked as he crossed his arms over his chest, looking over his friend's shoulder to take a look at the bento that his acquaintance had made

"..Mhm." The girl humming as she opened the bento box, she smiled as soon as she saw her favourite character made with rice.

It was Doraemon that held a small leaf on the side in which (Name) assumed to be something to cover up a small space.

Underneath the bento box, she took out the paper tape gently before taking out the note that Vox that written.

"What'd he write this time?" Uki's brows raised for he was curious of what kind of cringe pick-up line did Vox chose to write now.

Though, he was happy for them, for his friends to be able to find their love between them.

"Ah, it's a secret." (Name) replied while smiling softly, hiding the small piece of paper in her pocket as she kind of do get embarrassed whenever Uki sees the note that Vox writes to her and the teases her about it.

"Awe, come on."

"Nope."

"Man, that looks delicious." Uki grumbled, he wished that a certain someone would make him something like this but since they're both busy, they barely had time to cook eachother their favourite foods.

But anyways, he understands that they only had time to spend on eachother every weekends. It's not like he's desperate to spend time with Fulgur-- he is, sometimes.

Humming, (Name) smiled when she tasted the food. She and Uki usually just orders food or eats out just to save time and energy instead of cooking something so simple.

"Here, Uki." She gave Uki a generous spoonful of the fried rice.

"It's good."

"Of course, Vox made it." She boasted, though at times she ever thinks of what someone like Vox saw in her? She shook her head and continued eating before going back to work minutes after.

She didn't have to go to work tomorrow and perhaps she could be the one to make Vox a homemade food for tomorrow.

However, she was worried since she'll be making food for someone who's an expert when it comes to cooking food.

Heck, in her college days, Vox was the one who  taught her how to properly cook a steak that she burnt and they actually had to eat it since it would be a waste if they threw it away.

She smiled at the memory, she wanted to forget it but it was the first time she met Vox who somewhat knew her already?

"Oi, Uki! Can you not eat all of it?" She asked as she moved further away from her friend who had already eaten half of the food while she was reminiscing on the time she met Vox.

"What? I didn't eat all of it?" Uki replied with a mocking smile present on his face, emphasizing the word 'all'.

(Name) and Vox lives together anyways, so of course the girl gets to eat five star cooking all of the time, no offense to Fulgur though.

As soon as the end of their work came, (Name) bid Uki good-bye as she went out of their office.

She can actually go home early for today since she had already finished reviewing a case a couple of days ago.

While Uki had to stay back for he had a court meeting tomorrow and had to study and review the cases a more than twice as he was going against someone who had more than twenty years of experience in this field.

But he was still confident anyways, what would being nervous do if he did his best to help his client?

By the time she had gone to her and Vox's, she was greeted by a dark home for the lights and windows were closed, meaning that Vox isn't home yet.

This was the first time in a while the she was the one who came home from work first.

She then removed her shoes and turned on the lights before moving on to take a bath and change into a much more comfortable clothing as she'll be making food later on.

Once everything was set, she check the pantry and thanked Vox in her mind since their pantry seemed to have every ingredient that she needed, meaning that she didn't have to go to the grocery store to get the things that she needed, guess that this was the perks of living together with a chef.

Though she just hoped that Vox wouldn't judged her cooking too much as she herself already knew that she's not that talented in cooking.

She was interested in it in the past but now.. she just let other people do it for her.

In the middle of her cooking, the door made a sound, meaning that someone had gone in and (Name) knew who it was. It was none other than Vox who seemed tired.

She turned off the heat and ran off to greet Vox, opening her arms to hug him which Vox returned back with a smile present on his face.

"Welcome home." The girl mumbled which made Vox hug her tighter.

To be honest, even though they see each other in the morning, they still acted like a couple who had a long distance relationship and had their first meeting since forever.

"I'm home." Vox replied with the smile never leaving his face, he was lucky that he even had someone like her, is what he thought.

Initially, he never thought that he'd be able to score someone like (Name), a girl whom he had admired from afar and never expected for her to even return his feelings for her.

Being able to live like this.. made him contented with what he had.

He was contented with his life now, and no problems or challenges would be able to change that as long as he had her by his side.

This is the end for this book!  I'm sorry for not uploading for like months? I didn't have time to write because of college :(

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! :)