Chapter 5

It was late at night when the girl decided to get up on her bed and walk out of her room to her fridge to get something to eat

But as soon as she opened the fridge, the contents in it only made her disappointed. She let out a frustrated sigh before she ruffled her messy hair even more and sat on the couch in the living room while staring at her window which had the moon's light passing through.

She then felt her stomach growl from hunger, she didn't have anything to eat earlier for dinner since she haven't gone to do some grocery shopping in a while now, and she also did not want to get any takeouts since she was sure that she would be addicted to it.

Being on a break from work for a while now, (Name)'s life turned seemed to go have turned back from when she was young.

When it was summer, she'd just spend her whole time in her room playing games, watching movies and series, and most of the time, she advanced study on the law. This was what she was doing on her break.

So now, she made up her mind and grabbed her wallet and keys before leaving her home. She closed the door quietly as she did not want to wake up her dogs, and thankfully she didn't.

At times like this, she liked how calm the night was, how quiet the streets were and how she was the only one walking to the convenience store.

It wasn't rare for her to get food from the convenience store at midnight. And instead of ordering online, she decides to just walk there and save money instead of paying for the delivery fee.

Plus, the convenience store was only a couple of minutes away from her apartment, so it wouldn't hurt to walk during that time. She also needed to walk and stretch her limbs after being holed up and reading books in her room all day and night.

The last time she ever went out was like a week ago and it was the time she met her favorite author and little Alban.

Not long after, she made it to the convenience store. She glanced at the employee and nodded their way as a way of greeting them before heading to the food section.

She chose to get a couple of onigiri, two spicy cup noodles, and even a bottle of chocolate drink. This was unhealthy and a lot of food for someone like her, but she won't be eating this in one night.

If she ever has leftovers, which she will, she'll just stock them up in the fridge and eat them the next day.

Once had everything she craved for, she went and on the cashier as she said a small thank you to the employee before leaving.

She was excited to eat and continue watching the series that she had been watching for a watching for a while now. She planned to stay up all night today and just sleep tomorrow morning.

Her body clock were often messed up on her breaks since she never really had time for any leisurely entertainments whenever she had work.

When she's back at work, her body clock would adjust itself to her work time and she would be able to sleep and rest properly-- well, except on day where it's near on defending her case on the court.