★ Nine ★

CONSTANCE BANE

Feeling a body clinging against me tightly, I tried to roll away to a more comfortable position but the grip on me was too tight.

Bringing my hands up to my eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness, I slowly opened my eyes and froze, remembering what had happened a few hours ago.

Ophelia was cuddled into a ball, the same position that she fell asleep in, only her hands were looped tightly around my waist. Bringing my hand up to her head, I started stroking her hair gently and I saw her eyes slightly flutter, but she didn't open them, still asleep.

"Ophelia?" I whispered, shaking her a little.

She whined a little in her sleep and burrowed her face further into the covers.

"Ophelia." I placed my hand on her bare back and stroked it a couple of times, the shirt still being ridden up, as I tried to get her to wake up. "You need to wake up, come on."

"Why?" She murmured, keeping her eyes closed and didn't move.

"It's already nine."

"So?"

"What if the girls ask questions."

"I don't care. I already know I was too loud." She said, yawning.

I snorted. "Right. How are you feeling? Nothing too sensitive?"

She stayed still but smiled a little. "I've fingered myself before."

"And I'm not talking about that." I trailed my fingers to her waist and rubbed my thumb back and forth against her skin.

When she furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me in question, I laughed a little. "Rub your thighs together and tell me if you feel anything."

When she did, a light blush graced the tops of her cheeks. "Just a little."

"Tender?"

She nodded.

"It'll be gone by the end of the day, don't worry."

"Listen." Ophelia moved from her spot and sat up a little so she was looking at me, bringing the covers up with her. "I'm sorry if I made you feel weird or pressured to do something last night-."

I interrupted her.

"I can think for myself thank you very much." I looked at her, assured. "I didn't have to do anything. I only did it cause I wanted to."

"But-."

"No. No, but's. And also, now that you've done this, talk with Micah, please." I pursed my lips and she choked.

"About this?"

Sputtering, I shook my head. "No, well, if you want to. I meant that you clearly like him and I know he does, too. Don't drag this out more than you have to."

"But what if you're wrong?"

"Eh." I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm wrong about a lot of things, but not about this."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"It's just, I've liked him for a year. A year. If I get rejected by him, consider me done. It's going to be so embarrassing."

"Use that same confidence you used last night, I know that shit wasn't easy. Hell, go to his room when he's half asleep and tell him what you need to."

"Yeah, but you're my friend, it's easier with you." Her mouth twisted with uncertainty.