★ Twenty-five ★

CONSTANCE BANE

It was seven in the morning and I was currently standing outside Raine's apartment, banging on her apartment door as I let her know only 15 minutes ago that I was coming over after texting her last night.

25 minutes ago...

My face was suffocating in something warm and soft. I found myself not breathing as well but I wanted to stay buried in his warmth as I burrowed myself closer into the space.

My nose was tucked against his side, my cheek pressed against the mattresses and his shirt as his arm was hanging across my upper back and shoulders.

I wasn't sure how we ended up in this position seeing as though we fell asleep normally, but something must have happened because I was up in a completely different dimension of the bed.

I wasn't complaining though, I wish I could stay here forever, not having to worry about anything ever in my life again.

Unfortunately, my brain wasn't wired that way.

Rolling over as carefully as I could until I was practically off the mattress and hanging off at the edge, Harry's arm finally dropped from my body and I heard him shuffle around with a quiet groan until he settled down again.

My Nokia that was laying on the bed stand had a bunch of notifications from Raine.

Raine (3:43am): Honey, we've already done this last year. U remember how that ended up goin'.

Raine (3:45am) : Constance? R U there?

Raine (3:49am) : c'mon lovely, u know damn well that i'll do anything 4 u but know better...

Raine (4:01am) : Fine.

Present...

And that's how I ended up getting ready in less than five minutes, only brushing my teeth and washing my face before I threw my jacket on top of my clothes that I fell asleep in and closed the front door of the house behind me.

Walking to Raine's apartment was, how I found out later, not the move because I ended up freezing my butt off by the time I got to her place, shaking and wishing that I could have waited to go during the day.

When Raine opened up the door, she looked tired and mad. She rubbed at her tired eyes with her hands and squinted them at me, pushing her messy blue-dyed hair that had fallen out of her braid away from her face.

She has some leftover mascara faintly smudged under her bottom eye lashes, but other than that, she looked great.

"You ruined my time with my girlfriend, you bitch." She opened the entrance to her apartment wider and turned sideways, letting me pass through the gap.

When the door closed behind her, I saw a woman standing at the end of the hall, by what I knew was Raine's bedroom, only a big Nirvana t-shirt on her body which came down to the tops of her thighs, and her pink and curly hair falling to her shoulders.

She has her arms crossed as her shoulder and hip leaned against the wall adjacent to that of the bedroom, but when she saw me, she waved a little at me with small smirk and before I could say anything, she disappeared into the room and said loudly enough for me to hear.