★ Twenty-nine ★

CONSTANCE BANE

"No, babe," I snickered, rearranging his fingers on the neck of my electric guitar, placing them in the right formation for the chord. "This is D, and then you strum the strings in the pattern I just showed you."

We were out at the new stage where we'd be performing tonight.

We arrived two hours early, Micah insisting that it'd be good to familiarize ourselves with the new stage and equipment since we knew nothing about this place. Harry was quick to back him up with his idea, seeing that his nerves were through the roof and no amount of cigarettes would help him calm himself down at the moment.

I even tried sneaking in a make-out shesh in the car before we got out, but that didn't help either.

Especially not when everyone started banging their hands against the window, ending our fun together before it even started.

He was close to driving himself to loony town.

I, on the other hand, took my daily dose of my coke and I was calm. A little shaky but I'm sure it wasn't a problem. So now it was my job to get Harry ready, too

So instead of him setting all the equipment up like he almost started doing, I forced everyone else to do that and argued that 'we can't have our lead singer in shambles', and instead, I dragged him away to teach him how to play the guitar.

No wonder he didn't play during our shows. Cause he didn't know how to.

What's even weirder was that he wrote a lot of the chords for my parts in our songs so I wasn't really sure how that worked but when I asked, he shut me up with a kiss and told me that he was just 'special like that'.

I only squinted my glittered-up eyes at him and he mimicked my action right back at me, nudging my nose with his when he leaned forward and his soft lips kissed me one more time.

He was sat down on a stool that he'd found in the corner somewhere, his ankle crossed over his thigh exposing the fishnet tights he was wearing under his black cargo pants when the material at his ankle rid up.

My eyebrow rose at that, dragging my fingers over the fishnets, my hand closing over his ankle for a few seconds. I found it weird that he was wearing them when they couldn't even be seen under his clothes but my stomach did a flip anyway.

The thick black belt that was looped around his waist made it seem even smaller than it was, digging into the skin of his stomach as he hunched over when trying to grab the pick from the floor, biting the thin plastic gently in between his teeth as he dragged his fingers through his hair.

He sighed and then picked his head back up to look at me, encouraging me to scootch closer until our legs were touching again and he placed his fingers back on the first chord that I taught him today. Chord G, which is an easy one.

"Okay, good. Now just strum the pattern that I showed you. It's the same exact thing throughout the whole song unless you wanna switch it up a bit later on."

I splayed my fingers on his legs in front of me as he slowly followed the sheet of paper with the written chords. He took time in between each one, making sure that his fingers were on the correct fret and that he was pressing hard enough on the strings to make the correct sound.

His eyebrows were drawn together in concentration, not letting the loud noises in the background distract him, keeping his attention on the chords and tapping his foot on the floor as he tried to keep the beat even though he often lost it.

At one point, he decided that he had enough and handed the guitar back to me, making me play something for him as he supported his elbows in his thighs, his back hunching over dramatically when he rested his head in his hand and admired the way my hands strummed the strings.