VI 》 Hiccups.

A/N: Song for the chapter; Satellite by Rhodes.

°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡
You make me feel this way,
somehow.

–James Arthur.
°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡

☆Toviella☆

"Satellite."

I gawked at the grey-eyed boy before me; rapid blinking followed by open stares, my brain reflexly plunging itself into an overdrive, trying to decipher what he had just said.

I would've came to the conclusion that he was just on a call and didn't actually speak to me if his body wasn't turned towards me and his gaze firm on mine. 

In a bid to avoid looking like a total oaf, I cleared my throat, very subtly and asked, "What?"

"You requested to know the name of the song I was listening to."

"I-I did?"

For a spilt second, I thought I saw the twitch of a smile on his moist, ginger lips but then, my eyes shut in a blink and when I opened them, I saw nothing.

Not even a remnant. 

Almost like it was never there.

"Yes." He answered, matter-of-factly.

My brows knitted together for a moment in confusion. Then, it clicked. 

I must've voiced out my thoughts. I must've said them out loud. I did say them out loud. Did that mean I said the rest of what I was thinking out loud too? How could I be so careless?

Forget it, I'm screwed.

I cleared my throat again, although it didn't come out as subtle as the first one did. His eyes were still locked on mine and I couldn't help but wonder how he had been holding a steady gaze when I was struggling to hold his.

"Uhm, I'm sorry." I quickly apologized.

He offered nothing but a small nod and proceeded to turn away and I watched him, oddly pleased that he had finally noticed me.

Have you forgotten that you made him notice you?

Whatever.

His blazer was resting at the foot of the bed, thereby putting his arms that were the right blend of light and dark, emanating a caramel complexion on display.

My gaze stayed trained on him, boring into his almost-perfectly sculptured, lean figure. I was sure he was feeling the scorch of my stare, but even with that, I couldn't bring myself to avert my gaze elsewhere. 

I simply couldn't find the will to do so. 

"Who's the artist?" The words tumbled out of my mouth before I could realize, and I almost slapped my palms over it.

My tongue was suddenly uncontrollable for some reason I couldn't quite place a hand on and I couldn't deny that that revelation scared me shitless.

Aldric Chidozie was probably the only male in the population of SA who didn't spare me the time of day, even with the fact that he was a very close friend of Soma's so it was safe to say that it was pretty much a shocker when he turned again and his eyes cut to mine.

I searched thoroughly, every curve of his face, expecting to find even the slightest hint of irritation or annoyance but there was nothing but his trademark halcyon expression, staring right back at me.