III 》 Oppressions.

°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°♤°
The way you laid your eyes on me,
in ways that no one ever could.
-Halsey.
•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤

◇Toviella◇

"Uncle Ramsey is coming to get us after school, right?"

"Yeah." I assured as we came to a halt infront of the two buildings, situated at the centre of Saffron Academy.

Saffron had a very vast expanse of land, probably one the biggest in the state. From the gate down to the school block was about seven minutes at least but because of Sekani and I had been chatting all the way down, we didn't really feel it.

Red and gold was the school's theme colour and that was why all the buildings inside it were painted with those colours, the junior and senior block not being excluded.

Both buildings were opposite each other and consisted on of three storeys for each class and the ground floor for the staffs.

"So, this is were we part ways." I said, nodding my head towards the junior block, earning loud laughter from Sekani.

"You're so dramatic, Tee," She managed in between laughs, "You're saying it as if we're never gonna see each other again."

I couldn't help smiling. Not at what she said but at her dimples that had become more pronounced now that she was laughing her ass off. They were so deep that you could stick a coin in it.

She left shortly after, after her friends had dragged her away and I turned, starting towards the senior block.

My feet echoed against the tiled stairs as I climbed, sweat breaking out from the skin of my forehead. I was in SS3 now, meaning that I had to climb flights of stairs before getting to my class because it was situated at the third floor. SS1 dominated the first and SS2 the second.

A wave of nostalgia washed over me as I passed the two other floors and finally, I got to my destination.

Thankfully, the hallway was calm. It was still so early so only a few people were seen in the school block either conversing with each other or walking around like headless zombies.

I waved to a few of them and ignored the rest, tightening my grip on my bag strap, taking one step at a time.

"Hey, El!" Someone yelled my name from behind causing me to halt in my tracks. I recognized the voice immediately since she was the only person who called me El and not Tovi or Tee like most people prefer.

I spun around immeditely to see my best friend, Vanilla, walking briskly towards me in long strides. The first thing I noticed was her brand new gold tie clip, lined with silver stones, it's glimmer becoming more brighter as she approached.

They say mirrors are a girl's best friend but tie clips were Vanilla's, well, after me that is. She had a collection of them stacked in a drawer in her room and even though I never wore them, I still didn't fail to steal at least one each time I visited her.

It wasn't like she minded anyway, or maybe she didn't notice since they were hundreds of them. I kid you not. She was obsessed.