XVI 》Prudence in Pettiness.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
———
I've been trying to fix my pride
but that shit's broken.

-Jon Bellion.
———
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

♧VANILLA♧

Exhausted was the word. I was extremely exhausted when we finally exited the Principal's office; mentally, and physically. We had been standing for God-knows-how-long that when I finally moved, it felt so alien. It was a big shocker how my legs hadn't given out at the spot.

What had we been doing there? You might be thinking. Apparently, the Principal and his Vice didn't think we understood the concept of the Eidolons yet because they had took a whole, precious hour out of their life, enlightening us for the fiftieth time how important the upcoming sports festival was and how we should put in our all.

We weren't dumb(I and the other captains) but even if we were, I was pretty sure the information would've sunk by now. Heck, they started from SS2's third term, they started from SS2's freaking third term to acquaint the centerpiece with us and from then till today was the fiftieth time we had been called to listen while they spewed the exact information, all over again.

Amid my aching legs, I fought the urge to lean over and yell in their faces that we understood perfectly, that they had done a great job in driving the damn point home and to prove that to them and everyone else, we were gonna win this thing. That was for sure.

I halted in my steps for a moment toss the empty mini-table water I had consumed into a trash can that was by a side of the empty hallway. It landed in the can with ease and a smile made it's way to my face at how precise my aim was. A grimace took over quickly but a chuckle eluded my lips once my gaze set on the retreating figure of the person who had slammed hard into my shoulder and was now walking away, like nothing happened.

Na so her own pettiness take reach?

I couldn't help it when my chuckle escalates to full blown laughter because mehn, this girl never ceased in finding modified ways to show how much of a clown she was.

Ignoring me didn't seem to be in her dictionary as she halts abruptly in her tracks, turning to face me, a radiant smile dancing on her features.

“I've always knew you were insane but I never did think I would see the day you would unleash the madness you've been harboring inside of you. Just look at you, laughing to yourself.”

My laughter died down once she finished her sentence, leaving a grin in it's place. If anyone who was a non-student of SA, saw us at that moment would think we were the best of friends with how much we were smiling at each other. I mean, we were legit having this smiling contest and it was getting creepy at this point.

Silence was the best answer for a fool, afterall and walking out on her would've delivered a bigger blow to her ego but today, for some reason, I wanted to indulge her pettiness hence my retort; “Oh sweetie, I knew you wanted my attention, you didn't need to open your mouth to prove it. But since you already did, I'm all yours. Be quick though, I have classes to attend.”

The smile on her face faltered for moment while mine burgeoned. Her feigned unshaken demeanor was slipping away with each second that passed by. I was getting to her, much to her dismay, her balled, trembling fists verified it.