XII 》Sugar 'n' Ice.

————★————
There's a time that I remember,
when I did not know no pain.
when I believed in forever,
and everything will stay the same.

~Maroon 5.
————★————

⚕ Toviella ⚕ 

The Saturday lesson went smoothly, although much wasn't taught because much teachers didn't show up. Everyone was still trying to adjust to the new change. So, we took pictures and made a lot of unnecessary videos for the rest of the day. It was our last year of Secondary school afterall, surely,  the pictures and videos would come in handy for remembrance.

I walked down to the gate, Sekani had said she would wait there for me while we awaited Uncle Ramsey's arrival.

"Hey." I said to my sister, who had her back resting on the wall, a phone in her hands. Her gaze shifted from her phone to me, she gave me a brief glance before muttering an almost inaudible "Hi."

I frowned at that. I opened my mouth to speak, but clamped it shut when I saw Uncle Ramsey drive in through the gate. Without sparing me a glance, Sekani walked towards Dad's car, which was now parked at the provided parking space before she slipped in. I sighed before I got in too.

After greeting our driver, I motioned for him to go and the engines of the car came to live once again as it maneuvered its way out of Saffron Academy and onto the tarred road.

Silence dominated the space. It went on so long that it became uncomfortable. I cut a glance at Sekani, sitting beside me, with a measurable amount of space between us—that she did intentionally, as she peered outside the window. She was giving me the silent treatment. She had been ever since my not so little attempt to harm myself.

"You know it isn't good to stare." She stated, turning to look at me briefly before turning back to continue gazing outside the window.

"And who said I was staring?" I asked, a smirk tugging at a corner of my lips. She turned again, this time to stare at me fully, a look which said "duhhh" as she peered at me with a raised brow.

"Okay fine. Maybe I was staring just a little bit." I brought my index finger and my thumb together, to lay emphasis on "little bit"

She shook her head exasperatedly at my response but I wasn't giving up.

"Look, Sekani," I reached out to touch her hand but was stopped midway because she shifted away, creating an even wider space between us. My heart constricted in my chest at that, did I really upset her that much?

Hell yeah, you did.

"I'm not having any of that." She said, looked at me with this bored expression before folding her hands across her chest and staring ahead.

It was as if a light bulb was abruptly turned on in my head because an idea floated it's way into my mind and a foolish, playful grin lit up my face.

"You know," I began. "I was hoping we could go to Sugar 'n' Ice together 'cause it's been a while, but since you don't  look too happy we'll just save it for another day when your mood is much brighter."  I looked away from her, a sly smile visible on my lips as I pretended to be  looking out the window, like she had done earlier.

It was without no doubt that this would work. It always worked everytime and today wasn't going to be an exception. I just had to wait a little for the magic which was going to hapen any moment from now, in three…