IV

Dedicated to Oluwa_Daralicious because I luff her so mushh🥺

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■
It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime.
-Khaled Hosseini.
●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■

○°ALDRIC°○

I looked up, just in time to see Chidinma Jeffery, the school's regulator and one of the star students in SS3, rush into the class with godspeed, nearly tripping over her own feet.

She dashes to her seat, a roll away from mine, hastily setting her overly large back on the desk then extracting the metallic bell from it afterwards. From her heavy breathing and slightly disheveled appearance, one could tell that she ran all the way up here which was no easy feat.

I watched her pause to take in much-needed breathes before she made to exit the classroom and minutes later, the violent jingling of the bell could be heard throughout the school wich only signified one thing on a Monday morning: Assembly.

The classroom had gotten noticeably louder now, as well as the Seniors building, with my classmates filing out in their respective cliques, chatting and laughing amongst themselves, meanwhile, I remain rooted to my seat.

No, it wasn't because I didn't want to attend Assembly but the excruciating ache in my head that prevented me from doing so.

I noticed it earlier this morning but I didn't know it would become this extreme. Did I hit my head or was it because I didn't get enough sleep last night? I couldn't decipher.

Subconsciously, I found myself grimacing when a fresh wave of pain hit my skull with no mercy, sending a sharp zap down my spine.

Nah, I've had enough.

With my earpod case tucked safely in my pocket, I strode out of the classroom, down the numerous sets of stairs the senior block consisted of.

The hallways were less occupied since most of my mates and Juniors had gone down for the assembly. I didn't regard the few that lingered by, turning a blind eye to the nasty things they were doing as well.

As I passed the first floor which the SS1's dominated, I could hear intense lashes and I could only hope that it wasn't on skin they were landing on but who was I kidding? My classmates tend to forget that these kids were humans, just like them and everyone else.