V 》Once upon a favour.

○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○
My soul made love to your soul
long before our bodies met.
-Anita Krizzan.
♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤○♤

♠︎ Toviella ♠︎

I was still sprawled out on the floor when I heard quick footsteps advancing towards me.

A wince escaped my lips due to the throbbing pain in my knee that only intensified when I tried to move my legs.

I think I'd dislocated a bone.

In a bid to find out who was moving towards me, I raised my head up slightly. I blew out a breathe I hadn't realized I was holding when my gaze set on Samaira whose eyes widened in suprise and realization as her pace quickened.

"Ya Allah! Tovi, Are you okay?" She asked, crouching down and stretching an arm towards me, a look of confusion etched on her face, probably wondering why and what I was doing here in the first place.

When her hands pulled me up, I realized that none of my bones were out of place which I was very grateful for.

"Yeah, I guess so." I replied, reassuring her with a smile, the worried look on her face dissolving into that soft, beautiful smile that narrowed her slit eyes even more and as if just remembering that we hadn't seen each other for a whole month, I squealed and latched onto her small frame.

A marigold scarf held her thick, dark hair in a high ponytail and the tendrils left at the sides tickled my cheeks.

She giggled in my hold and I pulled away to see that her smile had widened, taking me aback for a moment at how pretty this girl was.

Muslim girls were believed to be one of the prettiest and Sammy didn't disappoint. She was easily the prettiest Muslim girl I'd ever come across with this placid aura and delicately enthralling features that didn't need much effort to be noticed.

She took my hand, giving it a light squeeze, dark-brown orbs twinkling in excitement and adoration. "I'm happy to see you too, Tovi." She expressed, "How were the holidays?"

"It was okay." I casually shrugged, "Uneventful, but okay."

In which world is being locked indoors, beaten up more than once and bawling your eyes out like a child in the middle of the night fun?

Shut the fuck up.

No, you shut up!

You don't get to talk to me like that.

Oh yeah? Since when did you start calling the shots? Pathethic. Little. Girl!

I felt a sharp sting and I looked down at my palms to find that my fingers had been digging into my skin, turning them an irritating, light red.