XV》Bibliophilia.

🌸There were infinite constellations, flickering fires, blooming petals, rainbows and every beautiful thing you could think of, glistening in her eyes while she talked and it made me smile, seeing another human who was just as passionate as I was about books.🌸

-Aldric.

ALDRIC

Upon being the principal of SA, Mr. Cedric Evans was very hard to come across. Since most important announcements that needed to be made in the assembly hall were covered by the his Vice, an ordinary student could go a whole academic year without setting eyes on him even once.

Some students graduate and aren't able to give in details what the principal of their Alma mater looked like, having only seen him on rare occasions. Prefects like me were the only exceptions as we were summoned to his office from time to time on certain accounts.

I knew that he-the Principal, would be in attendance of today's assembly and the reason why he would be, beforehand but to the rest of the student body, it was a shocker when the door of the hall opened and in came the overly light-skinned man, dressed in a midnight blue two-piece suit that proliferated the eminence and great esteem his aura licked with.

As a testament to their suprise, series of murmurs and gasps resonated throughout the room, refusing to die down even after the Principal had mounted the podium and gave a blinding smile that looked so out of place on his stern-looking face.

Maybe, that was why the noise doubled in intensity. The Principal was afterall a kind man but an ancient stone statue looked a lot more likely to suddenly smile than he did. With a hard, chiselled face that looked like it was crafted from granite, it was almost painful to see a soft expression residing there.

All the hurly-burly ceased abruptly in realization of the new presence that had graced the room. The newfound silence was so deadly that the clicks of Elsie's patent leather loafers against the tiled floor was the only prominent sound in the room.

She had this air of easy unconcern that one could sense before she even made an appearance but her guarded, brashly confident stance told you she wasn't someone to be messed with. Her stare was flat, yet fierce and she walked in long strides; bold and precise, shoulders square and nose in the air like tripping was not in her dictionary.

Vanilla trailed behind her and what a catalyst it was; two of the most feared people in SA. The power the duo exuded was maddening. The kind that literally took your self esteem and confidence and made it theirs, belittling you without trying.

When the two had placed themselves at the back of the seats the SS2's and SS1's dominated since the other classes had already been covered, the Principal commenced his address once he cleared his throat.