XI 》A day for drama.

°☣°☣°

From the second we met,
she sparked my curiosity, fanning
banked embers into glowing coals
and now, she's ignited the first thread of flame.

- Rowan, Butcher & Blackbird.

°☣°☣°☣°☣°

☣ Aldric ☣

The week passed by in a blur and the administrative board of Saffron had deemed it necessary for the immediate commencement of Saturday lessons for the SS3's and JSS3's, as we were to write our external exams the following year.

The Biology lab was stuffier than usual because of the combined class we were having, which consisted of the class A and C students. Yes, Biology was a compulsory subject for the Arts students too.

In previous sets, the Arts students were oftentimes the loudest or most energetic, a character they wore like a crown to the point you could single them out in a crowd just by their body language, and our set wasn't an exception.

As if to prove that fact, a cackle that sounded way too vile to belong to a human resonated throughout the room, blending perfectly with the noise cocooning the widely-spaced, overly lit lab.

Taking a look back, I caught sight of the crazed group of individuals dominating the far end of the room. They had been at it since they set foot in here, attracted attention to themselves not only because of the cacophony they were making but also because they were the last people to show up. Luck seemed to be on their side today as Mrs. Imisi was nowhere in sight to punish them for their tardiness.

Judging from his slack mouth that was spread in a infinitesimal grin, I could tell Kaito was the one who spewed the rubbish that seemed to be the most amusing thing ever as Moyin, the set's tomboy couldn't stop guffawing. Her head was thrown back, one hand clutching her stomach and the other continuously smacking the tiled-surfaced platform before her.

As her shoulders quaked, her loosely tied braids dropped one by one until they had covered a side of her now reddened face. The rest of the boys that were by her side were laughing too, although not as hysterically as she was.

"Unbearable, huh?" A slightly husky voice spoke up from beside me and I looked away from the gang to peer at Soma who from his facial expression, I could tell was equally annoyed as I was.

Since it wasn't a school day, we were asked to dress casually for the lessons and suprisingly, Somadina was one of the very few who wasn't making it a competition.

Saffron students-most especially the seniors-were best at overdoing everything; give them uniforms and they'll alter it to the point of unrecognizableness, leave them unsupervised and they'll turn the place into a semi-asylum just like they were doing now, then, give them the liberty of wearing mufti's to school? Limited editions of Prada, Chanel, Louis Vilton, infact, all the designers you could think of, all over the place!

But then again, high school wouldn't be high school without the extreme competition and the massive show-off's.

The almond-skinned head boy donned a plain, camel coloured baggy sweater, a white Nike mark by the breast area with matching drawstring waist shorts. A thin gold chain with a cross pendant bedecked his neck, dangling any time he made movement like right now as he shifted from his upright position, folded his arms over his chest and leaned forward so that they would rest on the tiled platform.