XIV 》Fear and Fury.

▪︎TOVIELLA▪︎

Mondays.

For some reason, everyone seemed to dread it. Perhaps, it was as a result of it being the day that marked the end of the weekend, signifying that indeed, the time for rest had gone and it was time to face life, again. That included the struggles and cruelty which accompained it.

For Saffron Academy students, it was a day for the Assembly. I guess when put that way it doesn't sound so bad, so, let me rephrase my sentence.

Monday, is the only day set aside for the Assembly of Saffron Academy students; the whole student and administrative body, gathered in a one, large, hall.

Normal activities were disrupted such as the beginning of classes which usually started by 8:00, and made it commence by 8:45 instead. Yes, it only consumed forty-five minutes, but it was more than enough time for frustrations to be let out, sanities to be lost and all hell to break loose. It was very hard most especially on the Prefects, that were all over the place now, trying to get  all the juniors to the hall and inflicting pain on anyone who dared to challenge them.

Luckily for me, I wasn't one.

The Assembly was usually very uncomfortable for me, so I stuck to making up the stupidest excuses not to go. And somehow, it worked, although not every time.

That reason being why I was walking towards the area where the Disciplinary Prefect and her assistant were at, punishing for late coming and improper dressing.

Marz sighted me first, a smile spreading across his lips as I approached.

No, Marz wasn't his actual name, Makinde is. But he just preferred to be called Marz, and soon enough it rubbed off on everyone. Not to forget, it sounded very cool.

"Tovi, what a pleasant suprise!" He said, spreading out his hands to me, for a hug. I smiled, walking into his embrace. The hug was a quick but comfortable one, since my dude was literally the size of a bear, with his broad shoulders and bulging muscles that seemed to have gotten bigger. Those weren't even the only things that proliferated. 

His rich golden honey complexion also got lighter and smoother, and curly brown hair got even fuller than it already was. I also didn't fail to notice the way he had altered his uniform. Again.

If I didn't take a gold look at his trousers, I would've concluded that it wasn't part of our uniform. He had ripped the mid-thigh section and lined the edges with gold threadings, revealing a little of the skin that lay underneath. It was also above ankle length, showing the lower part of his leg, showing half of his ankle-socks while his black Naked Wolfe, swallowed the rest.

Slowly, my eyes accessed his upper body. His blazer wasn't on and he had left his upper button undone breaking not one, but all the dress codes of Saffron Academy. But no one cared anyway, dress codes were bound to be broken.

Perks of being a senior, huh?

I had admit he did look good in it, too good actually. The holidays really did a good number on him.

Unfortunately, I was caught staring and I lowered my gaze to the floor, not without catching the smirk that graced his lips.

"Tovi, whatsup?" Turning to the sound of the voice just behind me, my eyes fell on Elsie, the assistant disciplinary prefect. Just like Marz, she looked pretty good too.

I shot her a smile, pulling her in for a hug too. "Hi, Els. How are you?"  I said as soon as we both pulled out from the hug.

"As you can see," She spoke, gesturing to the juniors and very few seniors who were definitely SS1's infront of us, who apparently, where just a tad bit late to school. "This children are giving me brain ache."