VII 》 Resumption Shindigs.

○♡○♡○♡○♡○
♡○♡○♡
○♡○

>>Toviella<<

I couldn't understand.

I tried to, racked my brain for a possible explanation, not caring if it would pan out as irrational, or quaint, so far it brought ease to my erratic thoughts. But much to my displeasure, nothing surfaced.

I hated to admit it, but it terrified me. A lot more than I expected it to. I didn't want to overthink it, but how was it so, that those hiccups that came without warning, waned and then ceased entirely, immediately I was out of his line of sight?

No be juju be that?

Nothing I could muster added up, and instead of allowing myself to be thrown into further pandemonium, I decided to flip the whole thing off, with the belief that it was just a mere coincidence.

A serene sky hovered over the school's environment which looked and sounded peaceful as well, and with that, I could deduce that the assembly was over. I wasn't in a hurry to get the class though, because lessons were often sporadic on the first and second day of resumption.

The next step I took brought me closer to the school block and farther away from the assembly hall, I could make out the figures of few students lingering by the premises. I immediately made a mental note to send them back to their classes once I showed up before someone else got to them.

My footsteps came to a stall when I caught sight of two familiar figures, strolling towards the school block as well, coming from the opposite direction.

Their stance which licked with pure regality and dominance, couldn't be mistaken, even from a great distance. How they tended to and executed their assigned duties so well, was even more outstanding, like they were crafted for that very purpose, made to complement each other.

The fact that so far, they were the best Head girl and boy Saffron Academy had ever raised couldn't be denied.

Somadina found me first, eyes connecting with mine in an instant, like a magnet would to iron. In less than a nanosecond, his lips drew back in a fetching smile, that sent a tingling sensation down my spine.

I found myself ogling the length of his body, as his long legs started strutting over to where I was standing, the clink of his shoes against the asphalt floor, growing stronger.

I noticed Vanilla's step faltering, as though confused to why he had changed courses so suddenly. Realization set in when she followed his line of sight, and I saw her roll her eyes, so hard I thought they'd be stuck at the back of her head. She shook her head a bit too, before deciding to follow the tall boy, who was by my side now.

"Tovia," The nickname he'd given me, rolled out of his mouth with so much ease, like they'd been dipped in grease. Hearing it right now made me realize just how much I missed it, how much I missed his slightly husky, satiny voice.

We kept in touch for the first and second week into the holiday before I cut him and everyone else off. I hated doing it, but shutting everyone out was some sort of coping mechanism for me and I didn't want to venture into other paths. For now.

He tried reaching out to me through Sekani instead, I didn't hesitate to lie, with the perfect excuse that my phone had gone bad.

And of course, he believed.