Chapter 5

✒️

You stare into the full length mirror in front of you. Why in the heck did you have to wear this outfit???

You wore black flowing pants that showed only one inch of your silver sparkly heels, and a white cami under a baby blue jacket that vaguely reminded you of an anime that you saw not too long ago. (A/N if you know what I'm talking about.... You're my best friend.) A blue turquoise pendant that Gideon gave you hung low on your neck, just hitting the middle of your stomach. You wore earrings that matched, along with a blue headband to pull back your (h/l), (h/s), (h/c) hair.
(All in picture👆)

"Yiii," you murmur. "Gideon's making me wear the family color. Grrrrreeeaaaaat..."

"(N/n)," you heard your cousin call from behind the door to your ... "makeup" room. "Are you ready?"

"Yea-huh."

You stepped out, and Gideon giggled. (I swear, he sounds like the Pillsbury Doughboy when he giggles)

"You look wonderful," he giggled. Then he became all business. "Now........ Have you prepared your song?"

.........

......................

............................................

..................................................................

..............................................................................................................

".....MY WHAT??????"

{POV CHANGE~~🌲}

I flipped through my journal, skimming the pages. This always calms me down, looking at the pages that holds some answers to the mysteries of the town.

Then again, it also works me up. I mean, looking at this brings up the same questions. Who wrote the journals? What happened to him? Why did I suddenly barrage these questions to the reader when I'm just really nervous about meeting with--(me: Hey!!! NO BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL!!!)

... Wow, did you just feel that? It feels like my whole existence just paused for one second. What if this is a new creature...? (A/N: is anyone else thinking about the Silence here?) IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!! I swear, I think that---

"Are you ready, bro-bro?"

"Er, yeah!" I call to Mabel. "Coming!!"

I wonder what (y/n)'s doing?

{BACK TO YOU}
{*snaps fingers in "z" formation*}

Your eye twitches slightly as Gideon giggled once more.

"Of course, silly! It's part of the job! Gets ya on keychains, and your own doll, and--"

"I DON'T WANNA BE A DOLL!! DOLLS ARE FREAKING CREEPY!!"

Gideon's smile went away.

"(Y/n)," he said darkly. "You /will/ do a song. It's good for our business. Besides, no song, no job, and you'll be back at your place with your parents breathing down your neck."

You growled. Stupid overprotective parents!!!

"Whatever."

Gideon's grin sprung on his face, as if he wasn't just semi-threatening anyone. "Wonderful."

{BACK TO DIPPING-SAUCE!!}

I watch my sister's cautious, but energetic excitement. We are outside the Tent, trying to postpone going in for the second time. Besides, I thought that (y/n) was going to meet us here.