Chapter 12 Dipper

✒️

Dipper sighed as he said, "Alright, I guess I'll go first."
With one final glare at (y/n), who simply shrugged her shoulders, Dipper cleared his throat as he said:

"This story is called, Twins."

"Oh-oh!" Mabel yelled. "Let's make this a challenge."

"Oooh, I like what you're thinking," (y/n) grinned. "Let's try this challenge: everybody has to include at least one person in this group in their scary story-other than family." She gave a pointed look to the Pines.

"I second this motion!" Grenda yelled.

"We're not voting, Grenda," Dipper said. "But I do like this idea."

"I'm going to kick all of your butts in this challenge!!"

"Dream on, Mabel. Candy will win!"

"Please don't refer to yourself in third person, Candy," (y/n) groaned.

"Kids, settle down," Stan grumbled. "Sheesh. Let's just get on with the story, Dipper."

"That's what I've been trying to do."

~*~

Dipper and Mabel were riding with their Grunkle Stan, going on a road trip. (Y/n) was with them, sitting between the twins, asleep.

"Grunkle Stan," Dipper asked, reasonably concerned, "where, exactly, are we going?"

The old man laughed, saying that it was a surprise.

"Grunkle Stan, no offense," Mabel said as gently as possible(which, let's be honest, means as bluntly as possible), "but every time we get in the car for a surprise, something bad always happens."

"Even when it's not a surprise," Dipper muttered.

Stan stared at the girl in the review mirror. "...Kid, I'll give you two pounds of glitter if you act excited for this."

"Five pounds!"

"You got a deal."

"AHMAHGAWSH, ROAD TRIP FOR AN UNKNOWN REASON!!"

"Um, Stan, I can understand why you wanted us to come with you, but why did you bring (y/n)?" Dipper asked, pointing at said girl.

"Your sister wanted her to come."

And cue the glaring at the older twin.

"MABEL--!"

The (h/c[-ette, -head, etc]) in between the twins groaned softly at them.

"Shut the-" Stan honked at a car that recklessly pulled out in front of them "-up; I'm trying to sleep!" (y/n) muttered sleepily.

The drive went on in an awkward silence, until Stan decided that they had to stop for the night.

"Ok, kids, it's time to go to a motel!"

Mabel started chattering to (Y/N) about how she was finally going to a hotel, dreaming about getting room service and falling in love with the cute bellhop that she always hears about. (Y/n) couldn't bear to crush her new friend's dreams, so she simply kept quiet.