Quidditch And Curses (edited)

bum bum bum bum . . . bum bum bum bum . . .

don't forget to comment :P

-

November brought the cold weather, so I tried to find a spell to reverse time. Hermione hit me over the head for thinking so stupidly - I only meant to reverse the seasons not time itself. And with her Hogwarts-a History book too, that thing was massive! 

The day before Harry's first Quidditch match, we were – for some stupid reason – out in the freezing courtyard during break, and Hermione had conjured up a bright blue fire that could be carried around in a jam jar.

We were standing with our backs to it, getting warm – well I was huddled into Harry's side – when Snape crossed the yard, limping. Something about us made him come over though; maybe it was because whenever he saw Harry he knew there was sure to be trouble? But he usually let it pass if i was around, apparently not this time.

"What's that you've got there, Potter?" Harry held up the Quidditch Through the Ages book. "Library books are not to be taken outside the school. Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor."

"That's utter-" 

Hermione covered my mouth, noticing Snape had paused, he turned to look at me.

"Something to say Miss Sparrow?"

"No sir," i mumbled, glowering at my feet.

"He's just made that rule up," Harry muttered once Snape was gone. "Wonder what's wrong with his leg?"

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him," Ron and I chimed bitterly, which caused us all to laugh.

That evening we were in the Gryffindor common room, Harry and Ron copying mine and Hermione's homework when Harry jumped to his feet looking determined.

"I'm going to get my book back."

"Better you than me," Ron and Hermione said together.

"Me come too! Me come too!" I cheered, rushing along beside him. "I need to head back to my own dorm anyway."

We headed for the staffroom and Harry knocked. There was no answer. He knocked again. Nothing. I kicked the door and guess what . . . Nothing.

"Maybe Snape left the book in there?" Harry asked.

"Worth a shot," I shrugged, pushing open the door.

 Snape and Filch were inside, alone. Snape was holding his robes above his knees. I was about to start running down the corridor screaming about their sexual relationship when I saw that one of his legs was bloody and mangled and Filch was handing Snape bandages. My shoulders slumped, depressed.

"Blasted thing," Snape was saying. "How are you supposed to keep your eyes on all three heads at once?"

"The dog," I muttered, and Harry nodded, trying to close the door.

"POTTER! SPARROW!" Snape yelled, spotting us.

 "I just wondered if I could have my book back," Harry said.

"GET OUT! OUT!" Snape yelled and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"How rude, Debbie, how rude," I said and bolted with Harry.

We split at the staircases and i leisurely made my way down to Slytherin, once again avoiding everyone who either shot me glares or curious looks. Seriously, couldn't they get over one new student?

"Hey, Belle!"

I turned, confused at the use of my first name. Didn't Slytherins always use last names? Penny Moon rushed over to me with a small smile, showing her braces.