Car Vs Tree (edited)

On the morning we were meant to leave for the train, I was up earlier than usual, and borrowed some old clothes that had been lying around. A pair of ripped black jeans that were tight fitted, a boy's tank top that was quite loose and hid the fact that i had suddenly developed two large Oranges on my chest, and finally some scuffed dragon hide boots.

The others took their time but eventually we packed eight trunks, four owls and a rat into the trunk and nine people all in the car. Of course, on the inside it was much roomier than expected, enlarged by magic.

We reached King's Cross at a quarter to eleven and Mr. Weasley dashed across the road to get trolleys for the trunks as we all hurried into the station.

"Percy first," said Mrs. Weasley, we were going to be late if we took too long. Percy went then his father and the twins.

"I'll take Ginny and you three come right after us," Mrs. Weasley said, grabbing Ginny's hand and setting off. In the blink of an eye they were gone leaving Harry, Ron and me.

"Let's go together, we've only got a minute," Ron suggested.

Harry went first, then Ron, me after but I had just enough time to stop before I crashed into them, unable to stop them crashing into the barrier which was solid rock.

"What in blazes d'you think you're doing?" a nearby guard yelled as muggles passing muttered about animal cruelty.

"Lost control of the trolley," Harry gasped, clutching his ribs as I helped him and Ron up – which was a feat with only one hand.  "Why can't we get through?"

"I dunno -" Ron looked wildly around. "We're going to miss the train; I don't understand why the gate way's sealed itself-"

The three of us looked up at the giant clock as it chimed for eleven and blanched.

"It's gone," said Ron, sounding stunned. "The train's left. What if Mum and Dad can't get back through to us? Have you got any Muggle money?"

"No but . . . can't we floo . . . and explain?" I asked.

"Let's just wait by the car," Harry suggested.

"The car!" Ron gasped as if it were the answer to everything.

Ron unlocked the cavernous trunk with a series of taps from his wand. We heaved the luggage back in, put Hedwig and Hooter on the back seat, and got into the front. It was big enough for all three of us, me in the middle.

"Check that no one's watching," said Ron, starting the ignition with another tap of his wand.

Harry stuck his head out of the window: Traffic was rumbling along the main road ahead, but the street was empty.

"Okay," Harry gave the all clear.

Ron pressed a tiny silver button on the dashboard and we and the car vanished, no one could see us as we rose into the air over London. There was a loud popping noise and the car, Harry, me and Ron reappeared.

"Uh-oh," said Ron, jabbing at the Invisibility Booster. "It's faulty!"

So we all had a shot at hitting it, the car flashed invisible and back again.

"HOLD ON!" Ron yelled, and he slammed his foot on the accelerator.

"TO WHAT?!" I yelled as we shot straight into the low, woolly clouds and everything turned dull and foggy.

"Now what?" said Harry, blinking at the clouds that surrounded us.

"We need to see the train to know what direction to go in," said Ron.