Bones And Dueling (edited)

I woke early on Saturday morning, dressed in some shorts and a tank top under my sweat pants and long sleeved top and headed up to the Gryffindor common room - ignoring the 'traitor' comments from my own house.

Ginny was on the couch when i got there and I passed her the diary back. She looked scared, and I did my best to give her a reassuring smile though i probably looked juts as bad.

"I'll see you after the match," I mumbled. Apparently Tom had something for us to do.

It was a muggy sort of day with a hint of thunder in the air. We stood pressed together in the stands watching the game but it was nothing good. Honestly i hardly paid attention, too concentrated on the diary Ginny had given me. But i was sprinting to the pitch as soon as a badly injured Harry landed.

"Harry? Harry!" I snapped, shaking him.

"We won," he grinned, hugging me tight.

The Weasley twins snickered as they landed around us with the quidditch team, but a blonde professor rushing over made me growl

"Oh, no, not you," Harry moaned.

"Doesn't know what he's saying," Lockhart said, crouching next to us, "Not to worry, Harry. I'm about to fix your arm."

"No!" said Harry. "I'll keep it like this, thanks . . ."

"Lie back, Harry," said Lockhart soothingly. "It's a simple charm I've used countless times -"

"Why can't he just go to the hospital wing?" I asked, "You are useless."

"He should really, Professor," said a muddy Wood, who couldn't help grinning even though his Seeker was injured. "Great capture, Harry, really spectacular, your best yet, I'd say -"

"Stand back," said Lockhart.

"No - don't -" Harry and I chimed but Lockhart was twirling his wand and a second later had directed it straight at Harry's arm.

"YOU STUPID ASSHOLE!" I yelled.

The bones weren't healed, they were gone! And going by the way everyone was staring at me i'd say it wasn't just my hair that was bright red.

"Ah," said Lockhart. "Yes. Well, that can sometimes happen. But the point is, the bones are no longer broken. That's the thing to bear in mind. So, Harry, just toddle up to the hospital wing - ah, Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger, would you escort him? - and Madam Pomfrey will be able to - er - tidy you up a bit."

"C'MERE YOU!" I dived at Lockhart who scrambled backwards, only to be lifted off my feet by Wood. "LEMME AT HIM!"

"Belle calm down, c'mon," he said, trying to drag me away.

"FUCK NO, I'M KILLING HIM!" I yelled, struggling.

"Fred, George, give me a hand!" he exclaimed.

The three of them carted me up to the school, straight to the Gryffindor common room so I couldn't attack anyone. They left me alone when I had calmed down and I went to change clothes but Ginny caught my eye. I felt something at the back of my head nip and then I blacked out.

When I came out of it, I was standing in Moaning myrtles' bathroom next to the sinks with Ginny, watching a great gaping hole close up. But I could remember Colin Creevey's terrified expression, had we hurt him?

I didn't spend much time with Harry or the others over the next few weeks, Ginny and I were forced to spend most of our time writing in that diary or listening to Tom's instructions. I did however join them the morning we found out about the Duel club.