Parting ways (edited)

I had forgotten that the exam results were still to come, but come they did. To our great surprise, both Harry and Ron passed with good marks; Hermione and I had the best grades of the first years. I would never tell Hermione mine were higher though.

Even Neville scraped through, his good Herbology mark making up for his abysmal Potions one. We had hoped that Goyle, who was almost as stupid as he was mean, might be thrown out, but he had passed, too. It was a shame, but as Ron said, you couldn't have everything in life. And suddenly we were getting off the train at Platform nine and three quarters.

I sighed, not entirely happy with going home; I had asked Dumbledore if I really had to go back to Daniel's. Apparently I did, but he reminded me it wouldn't be long. There had been something in his eyes that night, something remarkably similar to guilt and it confused me to no end.

It took quite a while for us all to get off the platform. A wizened old guard was up by the ticket barrier, letting us go through the gate in twos and threes so we didn't attract attention by all bursting out of a solid wall at once and alarming the Muggles.

"You must come and stay this summer," said Ron, "The three of you - I'll send you an owl."

"Thanks," said Harry, "I'll need something to look forward to."

"Try to be discreet with my letters," i murmured, "Daniel's not very owl-friendly."

Ron gave me a worried nod, knowing what i meant and said, "We'll work something out."

People jostled us as we moved forward toward the gateway back to the Muggle world.

Some of them called:

"Bye, Harry!"

"See you, Potter!"

"Still famous," said Ron, grinning at him.

"Not where I'm going, I promise you," said Harry.

He, Ron, Hermione and I passed through the gateway together together, me trying to delay my arrival home.

"There he is, Mom, there he is, look!"

It was Ginny Weasley, Ron's younger sister, but she wasn't pointing at Ron. This made me laugh, causing a pulsing at my bruise which was now a yellowy purple.

"Harry Potter!" she squealed. "Look, Mom! I can see him!"

"Be quiet, Ginny, and it's rude to point." Mrs. Weasley smiled down at us, "Busy year?"

"Very," said Harry. "Thanks for the fudge and the sweater, Mrs. Weasley."

"Yes, thank you," I smiled.

"Oh, it was nothing, dears."

"Ready, are you?"

It was Vernon Dursley – I guessed from Harry's description, purple-faced, moustached man, looking furious at the nerve of Harry, carrying an owl in a cage in a station full of ordinary people. Behind him stood who I guessed to be Aunt Petunia and Dudley, looking terrified at the very sight of Harry.

"You must be Harry's family!" said Mrs. Weasley.

"In a manner of speaking," said Uncle Vernon. "Hurry up, boy, we haven't got all day." He walked away.

Harry hung back for a last word with Ron, Hermione and me, "See you over the summer, then," he said finally.

"Hope you have - er - a good holiday," said Hermione, looking uncertainly after Uncle Vernon, shocked that anyone could be so unpleasant.

"Oh, I will," said Harry, and I was surprised at the grin that was spreading over his face. "They don't know we're not allowed to use magic at home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer . . . Belle, be careful alright, don't get into trouble."

"I'll do what i can," I smiled weakly, knowing what he was trying to say.

But what was that about not being allowed to do magic? I had been doing magic outside of school, since I learned I was going to Hogwarts and no one said anything.

Mrs Weasley pulled Harry into a hug, not having heard what he had said and smiled before doing the same to me.

"That's my mum and Dad," Hermione said after getting a hug from Mrs Weasley, we hugged before she said goodbye to the boys and left.

"You better get going," Ron suggested to Harry.

"Yeah . . . er, what about you Belle?"

"I'm going to get a taxi, I guess I'll see you guys after the summer."

"You be careful," Mrs Weasley said, hugging me again.

I gave Ron and Harry hugs, and even got one of the twins before leaving on my own, well I had Hooter.

"Hey Sparrow!"

I groaned as Malfoy swaggered up to me, away from his parents who were watching. I eyed the blonde man and the two-toned haired woman nervously, almost expecting them to attack. Then brought my eyes back to the boy.

"What do you want you prat?"

"Don't get any more bumps on the head, I'll need someone to torment next year, don't want you dying now," he smirked nastily, "Then again, it would be nice."

"Beat it Blondie," I hissed.

His eyes widened slightly, but he sneered down at me and wandered off. Rolling my eyes, I got in a taxi, told him where to go and gave him the money. No more bumps on the head? What a joke, I'll get them daily.

-

And so we reach the end of the Philosopher's stone :P let me know what you guys think, i'll start posting the Chamber of Secrets part up soon