𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 | Tighnari

(the pic isn't mine. I tried to find whoever made this, but to no avail)

Here are some inserts I put in this oneshot, in case you get confused:

f/f = favourite food

e/c = eye color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nari, you've been distant lately," You pout, tightening your hug from behind Tighnari. He's been listening to you sulking about a variety of things for around half an hour now. From your experiences with ignorant akedemiyans, to how difficult it is to get fairly simple information from the akasha. You've had a pretty rough day, to say the least.

He tried to cheer you up at first, but when he realized you were completely helpless, he decided to just let you pour out all of your emotions. And that's how he ended up at this point in time, where you begin to ask questions about his day.

Ever since you've met the clever forest ranger, he's been a rollercoaster of different ego's to you. When you and him had your first conversation, he acted like the whole sumeru akasha system. Wise, knowledgeable, but pretty sensitive to a few topics. To put it shortly, he wasn't as easily read as an open book back then. 

But after you got to know him more, he allowed himself to show bits and bits of his true nature. It's like he gives you puzzle pieces you must put together when the time's right in order to truly understand who he is.

Who is he? To you, he's a shrewd, sharp-witted, and talented forest ranger.

"Y/n, I told you already, I have a lot of work to do nowadays." He replies, his soft, delicate hand finding its way to yours. He holds your hand gently, massaging your palm and dry fingertips.

"Hey, what'd I tell you about using the lotion every so often?" He asks, now adding some lotion onto your skin. You remain silent, mesmerized by his incredible skill in simple things such as this. He sighs, "If you answer my question, and correctly, I'll make you f/f for dinner."

Did you forget to mention he was smart? And in an adorable way? Simply by the way he acts around you, you can already tell he's husband material.

You hesitate, but the thought of Tighnari, a gourmet cook, making you f/f for dinner was a good enough deal in itself. "Fine," you begin, and you could almost see a grin appear on his face. "I need to use it often because if, and that's a big if, I run into a withering zone, my skin will be damaged severely without the use of this magical lotion." You emphasize the words "if" and "magical", playfully mocking his overprotective habits. 

He chuckles, then scoops you up into his arms, "It seems my trainee understands a lot, mind telling me who taught you all of this useful information?"

You know the answer very well, but decide to play dumb on purpose. "The akasha, it's very useful with forest knowledge here in Sumeru." You say confidently. He visibly frowns, and his ears go down in both confusion and sadness. This makes you laugh out loud. "I'm just kidding, nari. It's obviously you," you give him a nose kiss, and you can see his ears perk up and his face flush.

"I mean, you wouldn't even let me be with the other forest rangers." You say, smiling. He clears his throat, his cheeks still a soft pink color.

"What do you mean, Y/n? I let you be with the other rangers once in a while..."  He says in a serious manner, but you can't really take him seriously when his ears are constantly twitching.

Archons, even his tail is wagging like crazy, which only further confirms he's flustered.

And as if the rapid movements with his ears weren't evidence enough to show he was in that state.

"You do let me be with the others, but you're always sending death glares at them. When they notice, they always find an excuse to leave early. It's almost laughable." You answer, and he sets you down on your bed.

"T-that's a pretty good observ- theory! A very good theory you...uh... theorized." He groans, disappointed in his ability to improvise. You giggle in response, and he ends up admitting to the fact he does send glares at certain people.

You continue to chatter away, your smile growing wider with every topic you and him talk about. From gossiping about other Gandharva Ville residents, to debates on the best food in wildlife.

By now, he was at his default state, completely calm and easy-going.

You always admired his smile, the one that turns daggers into hearts in an instant. You love it when those multicolored eyes gaze into your e/c ones. And whenever he puts in the time and effort to have small sappy moments with you, your heart practically explodes.

Heck, you thanked the archons every single time he's done these things.

"-And that's how I almost got bit to pieces by a shroomboar." He finishes.

"Wait, really?" You exclaim, "Just because you were trying to pick rukkhashava mushrooms?"

"Yep, pretty traumatizing if I do say so myself. Anywho..." He gets up from his chair, and lays down next to you. 

"Can I take a quick nap?" He questions.

"I- uh...sure! I'll just..." You attempt to scooch your way out of the bed, but you feel the same soft hand reach out and grab your wrist.

"No," he pulls you closer to him, a hand slipping around your waist. Using his free hand, he cups your face with it. "Stay?" He says, giving you puppy eyes. You nod and blush profusely, snuggling your head into his chest to hide it.

It's not like this was anything new to you. He would sometimes become a big softie out of nowhere whenever he wanted to spend more time with you. It's like a natural instinct, his way of getting what he wants around you. And oh boy, how this tactic definitely works its magic around you.

His hand moves from your face to a strand of hair. Even as he sleeps, he still subconsciously picks different strands to play with.

Soon, you can just barely hear his snores, along with a few murmurs every now and then.

"Y/n, mine..." Is what you hear come out of his mouth, and it's his turn to hold you tightly in his arms.

You make a mental note to yourself as you, too, begin to doze off.

Tighnari, a clever and witty forest ranger from the outside. A sweet, charming little bunny on the inside.

All of these are what makes him who he is. A loveable forest ranger.

My forest ranger.