𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 | Dehya

fanart by haamta on HoYolab! (their art is just *chef's kiss* so make sure to check them out!)

~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have arrived at your desired destination, twelfth." The Doctor gestures towards the bustling streets of Port Ormos, a place you've been wanting to go to for quite some time now.

You watch as kids run around the busy streets, carefree and joyful. The adults, ranging from few scholars to mostly just people minding their own business.

"Is my schedule cleared for the day?" You ask, making sure no arduous task was going to get in the way of your well-deserved free time.

"It is. As clear as the Tsaritsa's plans." He reminds you. You huff in dissatisfaction.

"What does she want this time?" You groan, a migraine already forming and ready to bother you.

Smiling, he replies, "Don't make it sound like the Tsaritsa's final goal is just a piece of unfinished homework, ahem," he pauses to let that sink in, "but a long-term objective that's bound to benefit you soon enough. Are you really going to begin questioning her majesty, the Tsaritsa's plans for Teyvat?" 

Sighing in defeat, you massage your forehead. "Of course not, Dottore. But don't forget that I've got my own set of ideals I, too, need to set as reality," You reply, "Anyway, get to the point. Might as well do her bidding when someone here clearly cannot."

The Doctor chuckles at your attempt to badmouth him, "Don't take this the wrong way, y/n, but it does appear the Tsaritsa is planning to make you clean up after herself, as I've got much better things to do."

You raise an eyebrow, "And? So do I. I don't have all day, if that's the least a renowned doctor such as yourself can observe."

"No need to be so sour with me, twelfth. All she's asking is that you find a way to cooperate with the Eremites in the desert. Have them agree to the business plan. May as well leave some sort of relationship between past partners, correct?" He smiles.

"And how the hell do you expect me to do that?" You glare at him, knowing full-well that "talking" isn't exactly your forte.

"Obviously the Tsaritsa knew how you'd do that the moment she assigned you this mission. Now go do what you're going to do, as complaining won't finish your task any faster." He says.

"Yeah, yeah." You answer, gesturing for a fatui bodyguard to carry your luggage on the way to an Eremite base in the desert.

"Wait," The Doctor pauses the fatui bodyguard, "There's no need to make your poor little guard carry so much, and for hours on end. There's actually a group of Eremites meeting right here, in Port Ormos."

Did you forget to mention that this harbinger in particular is annoying? Like, jump-off-a-cliff level annoying?

"And where might they be?" You could feel your head fuming.

Before the Doctor could answer your question, someone else answers it for you.

"Right this way, m'lady." A woman with dark-ish brown hair and sky-blue eyes stands between you and the other harbinger. You subconsciously look up and down at her, her intimidating figure intriguing you. She had easily resembled that of a dominant, sexy cat.

Only when you had sworn you saw Dottore smirking at you from the corner of your eye did you realize you had been looking for way too long.

Nonetheless, it would be an understatement to say you were just slightly interested.