𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 | Cyno

! Falling Blindly | Cyno part 2 (ish) !

~short and angsty like him~

┏━━━ ━━━┓

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Strange

1:19 ───ㅇ───── 3:18

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

┗━━━ ━━━┛

! I'd recommend  playing the song as you watch, may or may not match depending on how fast/slow you read but will definitely set the mood for the oneshot !

╰┈➤ Isn't it strange, how people can change?

Turning around to face him, you see multiple little green objects laying on his palm. You recognize them instantly.

"You know what you've just lost, Y/n?" His deep voice, the same voice criminals all over Sumeru fear most, is being used on you, and you only feel worse because you know why.

Seeing as you can't even form words, he decides to answer for you,

"Me."

╰┈➤ From strangers to friends~

"You seem lost, need help?" An albino-haired mahamatra says, holding out a gentle hand for you to hold.

Grabbing it, he helps you up. You explain, or more so lie about how you got there. You were a criminal, and surely someone as terrifying-looking as him didn't need to know that bit of your explanation.

He nods, and you can only hope that he didn't find anything suspicious about what you said.

"Let's get you to Aaru Village. Wherever you need to get to, you can get there some other day. I just want to make sure you're safe for the meantime." He puts away his shovel- polearm, and leads you in the direction of the village.

Safe, huh? Ironic considering I'm one of the people the matra are looking for, you think to yourself.

...

"Even though the walk back was tiresome, I actually quite enjoyed it because of you, y/n." He smiles subtly.

"Really? What did I do to give you such visible joy?" You hint to him.

He realizes, then looks away and puts his default face back on. You thought you saw a bit of red on his cheeks.

"I was just saying, Cyno. Smiling isn't anything to be ashamed of."

He sighs, "You're right. But me... showing my teeth in an unnecessary way is like an unspoken law that I have to follow."

You frown at his lame excuse, "Well, considering we're practically friends, it's also an 'unspoken law' that you're allowed to break a few too!"

You two continue to chat, as if you're the bestest of friends and have known each other already for a long time.

Well, it's not really an as-if, if that's what you'll be soon enough.

╰┈➤ Friends into lovers~

Sometimes, you two would end up meeting at awkward times.

Awkward, as in I-just-got-myself-into-trouble-and-now-you're-here-beating-them-up awkward.

You noticed after knowing him for a few years that he'd always be holding his polearm in his hand whenever he had already sensed trouble, or knew it was coming.

Though sometimes when he'd come up to you with it you'd get scared, because of your other identity and all (he really just wanted to talk to you for hours about how cool it was).

But this time, instead of that damned shovel in his hand, he held a bouquet of different-colored Sumeru roses and kept it secretly behind him...

ready to ask you out.

╰┈➤ And strangers again?

"Go." He states sternly, lowering his head and raising his polearm at you. Even when his face is being covered by his headpiece, you could tell he's holding back a storm. An inevitable rainy storm that was bound to happen.

He trembles, though barely noticeable.

He attemps to pierce you with his gaze, but you only act like a mirror in this case, reflecting his pain.

A relationship you both worked so hard for, broken uncalled for.

It's really something so strange, how someone can change.

"Must I repeat myself?" He takes the knowledge capsules and shoves them into a bag, "Leave. Take the knowledge capsules you oh-so value, and leave."

Throwing the bag towards the door, you don't even bother to pick them up. Why should you, anyway?

Before leaving, you crush the knowledge capsules with your feet and take one last glance at the general mahatra as his broken lover, and the first one as his enemy uncovered.

This was you in your true form.

The form you should have taken years ago.

A lifetime in jail was better, way better than this.

Heh.

Isn't it strange?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey! feel free to ignore, but if you think i should elaborate on the "friends to lovers" part, leave ideas in the comments, and maybe i'll add a few of them into the story with credits!

(didn't know what to put there, and y'all are the most chaotic-romantic ppl out there)

(yes, i did just call out all of you with ppl in your closets in sick | tighnari)