𝐍𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐠𝐢𝐚 | Alhaitham

Oneshot request by: @RaiWasFound

Theme: Alhaitham and reader, platonic relationship

Fanart made by SoraGami on Nitter (first source I found, may not be the only one)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

f/c = favorite cake

y/a = your age

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alhaitham runs steadily through the streets of Port Ormos, swiftly dodging every attack and ambush by guards and Akademiya scum alike.

"Alhaitham! You, a criminal in disguise, have been found to be guilty for stealing several canned knowledge capsules! Turn yourself in, as every second that you resist is a year added to your judgment behind bars!" Some scholar yells, practically getting the whole ports' attention.

Any sane criminal that's being chased after by the Akademiya's pawns themselves would keep running, if not at a faster pace.

But that fierce anemo slime would... well...

He stuck his tongue out at the general mahamatra himself.

"Y/n, I can't keep letting you bail him out." A moon-haired matra- general mahamatra, tells you. You only sigh, reaching for your pockets.

"How much?" You say, taking out a huge bag of mora and dangling it around your finger.

"Y/n-"

"I know you need it, Cyno." You cut him off, knowing full-well how to get to the stubborn guy. "You need as much mora as you can get if you're to... retire." You struggle to find a word to describe Cyno's situation.

If you look closely, though he looks to remain calm, he's actually trying his hardest not to gasp or flinch visibly from shock.

"I don't understand what you're trying to say." He replies.

"You do, you just don't want to admit it." You say, smiling.

He scoffs, "You are aware that in this closed space, you can be charged enormously for spreading false information-"

You can't help but to let out a laugh.

"-and for wasting my time?"

You then sigh once more, but in disappointment. "Of course you can charge me, archons, even throw me in that cell for violating your intricate laws," You begin, "But mind you, I can also do the exact same, because of those laws."

At this, he flinches and stays wide-eyed.

"You don't think I saw those documents? Your little plan of escaping and hiding in Aaru Village to get away from the Akademiya, hence creating your own investigation?" It was your turn to play your cards, and right. "If I remember correctly, in court, you're given the ability to search through ones activity, then share it to the sages?"

He's now glaring at you, breathing deeply.

"If maybe you noted down that you were going on vacation, sure, you would be charged for not telling the truth to common folk like me." You hand him the mora, and he clenches it with whatever new-found hatred he's got towards you.