𝐓𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 | Cyno

(Cyno fanart made by 41097772s on Twitter)

Welcome, y/n, to my very late 10k special!

As noted in my previous chapter, this oneshot was supposed to be uploaded a lot earlier, but due to the lack of plot and fluff, I decided to play around more with different kinds of conflicts.

Of course, Genshin seemed to be a life-saver in this scenario because of the recently posted 3.1 trailer, which gave a lot of ideas for what major canon conflicts are to be expected.

This oneshot, however, is in no way canon or officially correct lore-wise. I just took what I thought may or may not happen based on what we can infer from the trailer and put it into a decent (in my opinion) oneshot.

Anyway,

I hope you enjoy this oneshot as much as I did making it, and again, thank you so much for 10k reads!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Desert Protector. General Mahamatra. Cyno.

These are all but words used to describe your beloved.

The one who would do anything and everything for you.

"Are you alright, my love?" The albino wraps his protective arms around you, a soft gesture only he would do for you.

You let out a sigh, "It's not me you should be worrying about, Cyno. The desert-"

"Is a scary place to be alone in, I get it. But I've received orders from the Akademiya not to interfere with their business." He states, sorrow clearly shown in his voice.

"Then why don't you send one of the other mahamatras to help those poor souls who are just willingly walking into the Scarlet King's trap?!" You can't help but to yell at Cyno. You knew he, of all people, didn't deserve to be scolded like this, but who else were you going to spit the truth out to?

"I won't and likely can't, Y/n, and you know that. They're all too scared to attempt going against the higher-ups. Trust me, please, when I say that even I don't think what the Akademiya is doing is right," He begins, "So if we're to help the ones the sages sacrificed, whether we're on the side of good or bad doesn't objectively matter. We'll be the enemies of both the Akademiya and the Scarlet King."

You didn't want to admit it, but he's right. Just a few days ago, the Akademiya announced their plan of trading knowledge with the Scarlet King, in return for temporary peace. They would send their most trusted adventurers to hand the knowledge capsules to the Eremites, the King's most loyal followers, and to return safely with zero casualties.

At least, that's what they said to the general public.

To the higher-ranking individuals of Sumeru, however, there was a completely different idea.

The knowledge capsules the Akademiya were to trade is poison. Once the capsules are activated, hell's to be unleashed in the desert. The adventurers they picked to go to the Eremites would suffer, both from the poison and the Scarlet King's wrath once he'd figure out what's truly going on.

And that wasn't even the worst of it.

Just a few hours ago, Candace got intel from the Eremites. 

King Deshret had already figured things out, and now those oblivious adventurers are now walking into his trap like fools.