𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐲 | Cyno

You, Y/n, were always the kind of person to keep secrets.

It's not because you've wanted to.

It's because you've had to and still have to. If you make even one mistake, your life could be taken from you by one of the Akademiya's strong assets. From guards to the matra to the sages themselves, though you remain anonymous, you're still a threat all over Sumeru.

Hm? Anonymous? But of course, otherwise you would've been caught smuggling forbidden canned knowledge a long time ago. And by a certain general mahamatra you like to call... 

Your boyfriend.

"Hey, here's your cup of well-deserved coffee, my witty albino." You put the cup down onto his desk, and give him a small kiss on the cheek. Surprised, a small pink appears on his face, but you don't mind. You know Cyno isn't used to being cared for mutually.

"Thank you." He says, giving you a quick glance before returning to his screen. Curious, you take a peek at what he's been spending hours looking at.

"It's the Akademiya's online repository." He states, noticing your interest towards his research. 

"A website open to everyone?" You ask.

"No. They scan everything, including your akasha and identity. If the two match, and are qualified by the Akademiya's admins, you're able to use this site." He says, taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Having made their own, more simpler yet just as secure way of getting information, has certainly given me an easier time. I don't have to deal with academics and the sages at the Akademiya in person anymore." He explains, taking another sip. He looks at the screen, in which your reflection, the image of your confused face, is planted in his view.

Wiping the coffee mustache off his face, he continues, "I'm currently looking at criminal files. The Masked Smuggler can't hide from me forever."

Hearing these words come out of his mouth makes you want to flinch, but your years of hiding emotions seem to have proven useful. Even to the former General Mahamatra, you looked neutral, along with a bit of bias, in response. 

"Oh? Looking for that clever criminal, hm? With you on the case, it shouldn't take too long to figure them out." You say, complimenting yourself and the former matra.

He chuckles, pulling you over onto his lap. "So I'm smarter than whoever that criminal is, hence your wording of speech?"

"Correct-o, Cyn-o." You giggle, successfully hiding your inner distress. You meant what you had said. He was intelligent. Just as, or maybe even more intelligent than you.

And you had always known that. And yet you risk being with him because of your selfish, longing heart. 

If you could be happy, even for just a small amount of time, without the need to worry about the other, evil side of you, you would risk the world. Even if who you're risking it for is the one you, and every other criminal, fear most.

It doesn't matter what happens in the future between the both of you. In fact, the question of whether or not you'll be lovers, friends, strangers, or even enemies sometime later doesn't matter. Not in the present.

If he were to find out, let's say, tomorrow, you wouldn't ever regret anything you've said or done for him. If he wants to fight you until your very last breath, so be it. If he wants to lay his judgment upon you, then...

So.

Be.

It.

You wouldn't ever regret a single "I love you" you've said to him.